Sanitation Technician – Day Shift
Fresh From Texas, LLC
About Fresh Texas
As the largest fresh-cut processor in South Texas, Fresh Texas has been delivering the highest quality products to our customers for over forty years. We source only the highest quality ingredients to deliver great tasting, healthy products to our customers. With exciting innovation, we keep growing! You too can grow at Fresh Texas with career advancement opportunities across two locations in South Texas.
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we have strict operating policies in place in response to COVID-19. We encourage working safely and confidently here at Fresh Texas.
The Sanitation Tech position is responsible for cleaning, sweeping, lifting unloading and sanitizing processing and packaging equipment as well as all food and nonfood-contact surfaces in our plant.
Fresh Texas is proud to offer high quality and healthy foods to our communities! Do you want to grow with a trusted and established company? We offer great career paths!
Come Join our Team!
Responsibilities & Duties:
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning the equipment necessary for overall manufacturing production
- Clean lines and processing equipment
- Packaging equipment will also require your attention, which involves wiping down metal conveyors, electrical components as well as cleaning the machine itself
- Required to open valves and remove guards
- Maintain and clean all nonfood contact surfaces of the building
- Will be a "first responder" for all food safety and housekeeping needs
- Work with strong, corrosive chemicals
- Working with hot water and foaming & cleaning agents
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- All Work is performed while standing in a cold and wet environment
- Must be able to wear protective gear such as hazmat suit
- Able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift approximately 60 to 80lbs.
- Able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant.
- Able to work in an environment that has cold temperatures, and humidity.
- Competitive pay ($13-$16.50 depending on shift)
- Overtime pay
- $500 referral program
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with matching
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the IT Support Technician is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The performance of this position requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, appropriate closed-toe shoes, and other PPE as needed. The noise level is moderate.
Fresh Texas is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service or protected veteran, or other non-merit factors.