We are looking for motivated, friendly members to join our growing team! Norfolk Iron and Metal is one of the largest family-owned steel service centers in the Midwest and our management staff strive to make sure all members feel like part of the team! We are not afraid to think differently, and we actively empower our members to get creative to help find solutions, ensuring steady continuous improvement. We have programs implemented for process improvements and we hold the safety of our members to the highest standards.
What is in it for you:
- Earn More: Competitive Hourly Wage with opportunity for Monthly Production Bonus, Cross-training increases AND annual merit increases!
- Career Development: Company-wide growth opportunities since we’ve grown to 13 branches across the US
- Stay Active: Physical, moderately paced working environment that will keep you moving
- Safety: Annual safety shoe allowance and prescription safety wear
- Generous employee referral program and perfect attendance incentives
- Vaccine not required
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance – We pay 100% of the employee’s medical health care premium!
- PTO Offered right away plus 8 paid holidays annually
- Company paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
What you will do:
- Exert 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, and /or 25 to 50 pounds frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly
- Read and interpret blueprints, engineering specifications, and shop orders to determine machine setup, production methods, and sequence of operation
- Utilize hand tools to adjust the steel to ensure quality of the cut, may push, pull to adjust the steel on the table
- Adjust the controls to set and regulate machining factors, such as pressure, speed and angle of the saw
- Monitor and inspect the saw while cutting the steel to ensure proper cut and difficulty while cutting
- Count and record finished goods and handle the shipping instructions.
- Tag and mark finished goods and drop material and place the drop material into the proper area
- Use a banding machine and/or crimper for banding finished materials
- Dump waste material in a tub to be scrapped
- Use bolt cutters, band cutters, crowbars and other hand tools to perform the essential job functions
- Must read a tape measure and micrometer
- Drill and notch and operate other processing equipment
When you will work:
- 4 days, 10 hours schedule :3rd Shift, Monday thru Friday: 8p-6a
How you will work:
Safely: All employees are responsible for their own safety. Additionally, all employees are responsible for the safety of their co-workers. Employee responsibilities will include but are not limited to: performing duties in a safe and efficient manner, properly use and wear required personal protective equipment as directed by the PPE Assessment/Hazard Analysis for the position, report all accidents, incidents and unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor immediately, make on-the-spot corrections of unsafe conditions with-in their capabilities, make on-the-spot corrections to employees performing unsafe acts , and set a good safety example. All employees will be held accountable for violations of safety policies and procedures.ID:uDnQdo