SCADA Engineer – Principal
Stanley Consultants, Inc. is seeking a Principal SCADA Engineer with a background in SCADA and Communications design for Substation Utility or Generation clients. Technical responsibilities will include the design of any / all of the following: SCADA and Communications systems including RTUs, RTACs, HMIs and IEDs; computer modeling/analysis of electrical systems; preparation of specifications for equipment and systems; report preparation; applying codes and standards and performing and reviewing design computations.
- Detailed design of SCADA and Communications systems for high voltage substations including generating single lines, schematics, points lists and configuration files for RTUs, RTACs, HMIs, IEDs and other communications systems components
- Design of SCADA interfaces with Protection and Control designs including panel wiring, AC/DC schematics, and Control building and relay panel layouts
- Coordination with other disciplines as needed
- Performing site visits for gathering data, site acceptance and commissioning support
- Writing material procurement and construction specifications & evaluating contractor bids
- Familiar with NERC SIP regulatory requirements
- Protective relay coordination and settings experience preferred
- Reviewing shop drawings
- Researching equipment and client standards
- Performs typical calculations such as equipment and conductor sizing, voltage drop and battery sizing
- Generating engineering fee estimates
- Providing field support during construction
- Mentors and teaches less experienced engineers and design staff
- Occasional overnight travel may be required for client meetings and or site visits
Required skills, education and experience:
- BSEE from and ABET accredited University
- 15+ years of protection and control design experience
- Experience working directly with clients, supporting marketing proposals/efforts preferred
- Experience managing a design budget and schedule preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PE license or ability to obtain a PE license within 6 mos. of hire strongly preferred
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a company that is committed to innovative growth and improving lives in the communities where we live and work? Stanley Consultants is an award winning, interdisciplinary consulting firm providing program management, planning, design, permitting, engineering, and environmental services. Recognized for its commitment to client service and a passion to make a difference, Stanley Consultants brings global knowledge, experience, and capabilities to serve federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Stanley Consultants solves complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, energy, and industrial plants, building services, and the environment. Since 1913, Stanley Consultants has successfully completed more than 50,000 projects globally in more than 100 countries, including all 50 of the United States and its territories.
Throughout our history, Stanley Consultants has remained an employee-owned company, committed to a legacy of professional independence and objectivity. The commitment to private ownership, shared responsibility and reward has sustained us for more than 100 years.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Click Here: A Great Place to Work