Scientific Services Veterinarian- Dallas Territory
Saint Charles, MO
Scientific Services Veterinarian (SSV)
*Territory: South Central U.S. (Dallas, TX)
Must be willing and able to drive or fly to fulfill the roles and responsibilities of the position. Territory coverage may be adapted for business needs.
The ROYAL CANIN Veterinary Diet® Scientific Services Veterinarian (SSV) builds brand advocates by working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and specialty veterinary practices in their territory. The SSV also serves as an internal training resource for the field sales team to build confident and influential Royal Canin representatives who can speak to our portfolio effectively in an ever-growing competitive landscape. The SSV will execute training and scientific education programs to drive the goals and objectives of the veterinary business unit. The SSV will accomplish this through partnering with the internal sales team to drive brand advocacy, nutritional recommendations, and diet subscription in their hospital accounts. The SSV is an integral part of our customer facing sales support team.
What we are looking for:
- Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine (active license – at least 1 state)
- 3+ years’ experience as a veterinary practitioner, internship, co-ops AND/OR residency
- Excellent scientific communication and presentation skills
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Teams/OneNote)
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to travel up to 75% within territory (Company car eligible)
- Ability to travel nights and weekends.
- Effective use of social media platforms as a communication tool (within scope of Royal Canin/Mars social media use policy)
- Partner with the sales team in the assigned geography to educate recommenders and increase recommendations in key accounts as identified in major markets and regions.
- Leverage relationships with specialty referral hospitals to promote nutrition category sales in surrounding general practices.
- Support national accounts through relationships with regional medical leadership and attendance at events with highest impact.
- Build a network of KOL Royal Canin advocates and potential speakers in territory to be leveraged by veterinary operations, marketing, corporate communications, and scientific communications.
- Provide best-in-class training to veterinarians, technicians, and hospital staff associated with key accounts in territory.
- Contribute to overall vet business unit growth through collaboration and joint business planning with veterinary major market and regional sales teams.
- Provide technical expertise and support where and when appropriate and needed.
- Represent Royal Canin at national and regional veterinary conferences when needed.
- Provide nutritional case consultations.
- Ability to travel (up to 75% including nights and weekends) and able to work from home effectively.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.ID:uDnQdo