Seasonal CDL Driver – WinField United
Land O' Lakes
Join Land O’Lakes, Inc., and help us bring food from farmer to fork. We’re a global, Fortune 250 company and a farmer-owned cooperative. While benefits can vary by location and role, most offer:
• Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D; short- and long-term disability insurance
• Retirement savings plan and profit-sharing plan, both with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays, plus paid benefits for maternity and parental leaves
SHIFT: Day Shift; Monday through Friday. During peak season, work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. This role is a temporary position for the busy season for up to 9 months.
PAY: Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive wage.
This role is part of our Land O’Lakes, Inc., WinField United business that provides crop inputs and insights to farmers through our network independent ag retailers. Through our leadership expertise, high quality products, rich data and innovative ag technology, we strive to help the retailers and farmers they serve intelligently advance agriculture and help farmers win in every field around the world.
As a Seasonal Driver, you will be a valued team member who operates medium to large-sized trucks with trailers for transportation of agricultural materials. You will operate within an assigned regional area. Valid commercial driver’s license is required.
- Age: 21 years or older
- License: Current driver’s license
- License: Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL); HAZ-MAT licensure (or ability to attain) - additional endorsements may also be required
- Experience: 6+months of commercial driving experience
- Time Management: Showing up on time, reliably completing tasks by the deadline, and adapting to changes in deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision
- Safety: Ensuring the complete physical safety of oneself and one’s co-workers at all times without exception
- Coordination: Working well with others to meet team goals and adjusting to important changes
- Comprehension: Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
Physical Requirements for production positions regularly include:
- Able to lift 60lbs
- Frequent movement including walking, standing, bending/stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms, lifting, climbing and other active movements
- Performing duties while wearing personal protective equipment
- Working across temperature zones that may include cold and/or hot environments for extended periods and may include work in environments where dust and chemicals are present
- Shift schedules that include days, nights, and weekends, some holidays and periodic overtime
WAGE RANGE SALARY: Land O’Lakes, Inc offers a competitive salary.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.