Seasonal Warehouse Team Member 2 – 2nd Shift – Interviewing Now!
Coastal Beverage Co., Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
*Temperature Controlled Warehouse!
This is a seasonal, full-time position working now- approximately September 12, 2023
Schedule: Monday-Thursday; 12:00 Noon - done (times will vary).
Join the COASTAL CREW! Coastal Beverage Company, Inc., the leading beverage distributor in Eastern North Carolina is looking for a WAREHOUSE TEAM MEMBER. If you are a service driven professional looking for a solid career with a growing company, then we invite you to join our CREW!
As a WAREHOUSE TEAM MEMBER, you will be responsible for safely moving, picking and loading our beverage products onto our delivery trucks. Excellent time management and customer service skills required.
Please note: When applying, please grant permission to receive text messages if you would like us to have that as an alternate method to contact you regarding your application status. We will not text for any other purposes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in the picking of orders or the loading of trucks as necessary. Follow all applicable policies, procedures and ensures a safe and clean work area.
2. Using voice-pick system, pull orders from stock, arrange on cart or pallet according to loading specifications. Obtain orders from printer. Transport load to wrapping station and wraps order to prevent slippage or damage in transit. Stage orders for loading. Process paperwork before loading.
3. Using pallet jack or forklift, load trucks according to load sheet, ensuring load is placed by stop. Secure load with straps and secure and lock doors ready for delivery.
4. Operate forklift according to Company and regulatory requirements, keeps certification up to date and reports all accidents immediately. Complete daily pre-ride report to document and report, physical damage, and/or mechanical or electrical problems with forklift. Maintain fluid levels on assigned forklift and ensure that it is kept charged.
5. Maintain clean and organized working area by cleaning and reorganizing while working. Responsible for immediate clean up of all spills and damaged products, reporting same to Supervisor or manager for documentation. Complete partial pallets and puts away mixed pallets.
6. Wear all required PPE (personal protection equipment). Load orders following safe work habits and safe lifting techniques. Report near miss incidents and unsafe work situations or conditions. Immediately report all accidents and near misses to supervisor or manager for documentation, investigation and correction.
7. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Must be at least 18, possess high school diploma or equivalent, Possess minimum of three months similar or related experience, forklift and/or walkie-rider/electronic pallet jack experience, possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, bar graphs, and procedure manuals, have excellent customer service and communication skills, professional appearance and demeanor, possess the ability to perform physical work. Prior distribution warehouse experience preferred.
Regularly/constantly (>66% of workday)
Employee must regularly/constantly walk, stand, lift, carry, reach knee to shoulder, lift/push/pull exerting force over 20 pounds, hear and see. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, eye-hand coordination, acuity, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequently (34-66% of workday)
Employees must frequently lift one-handed, push, pull, lift items up to 46 pounds, reach below knee, reach above shoulder, handle, grasp.
Occasionally (<34% of workday)
Employees must occasionally sit, climb, balance, stoop, crouch, kneel, twist of trunk, lift, push/pull forces up to 100 pounds, lift kegs up to 160 pounds, finger, pinch and talk.
* * * * *
All candidates must consent to pre-employment inquiries and tests including criminal background, physical assessment (job simulation) and drug test.