Second Shift Equipment Operator
Owens & Minor
At Owens & Minor, we are a critical part of the healthcare process. As a Fortune 500 company with 50+ facilities across the US and 18,000 teammates in over 90 countries, we provide integrated technologies, products and services across the full continuum of care. Customers—and their patients—are at the heart of what we do.
Our mission is to empower our customers to advance healthcare, and our success starts with our teammates.
Owens & Minor teammate benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, available on first working day
- 401(k), eligibility after 30 days of employment
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Development opportunities to grow your career with a global company
- Unloads pallets and cases from inbound trailers and/or containers manually using the pallet jack.
- Accurately counts, verifies, and receives product using radio frequency (RF) equipment and/or Voice Pick Technology; documents variances.
- Selects products and quantities as directed by Voice Pick Technology and/or RF scanner and places items into totes on conveyor belt.
- Removes empty cartons from pick module as needed.
- Prepares sortation area by setting up pallets and carts for product.
- Moves cartons and totes from conveyor belts and/or rollers and places on pallets and/or carts according to assigned batch.
- Uses RF scanner to ensure that totes, pallets, and carts are loaded correctly onto trucks for customer delivery.
- Uses pallet jack to load pallets.
General requirements for all functions
- Follows general sequencing and process procedures.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Follows safety policies and procedures and corrects or communicates hazards to management.
- Places incoming merchandise into inventory.
- Conducts physical inventories as required.
- Counts and performs basic math calculations.
- Maintains productivity and quality standards.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of a variety of basic topics (math, reading, basic accounting, typing, etc.)
- Prior experience working in a warehouse/distribution center a plus
- Warehouse/Operations certification a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and meet performance standards/individual performance goals
- Good attention to detail
- Dependable and able to report to work as scheduled/have regular punctual attendance
- Willingness to learn how to use new material handling equipment
- Willingness to learn WMS Technology
- Ability to adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures for safety rules and requirements received in training
If you feel this opportunity could be the next step in your career, we encourage you to apply.
Owens & Minor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, disability, age, status as a veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.ID:uDnQdo