Security Service Technician
Be part of the future!
We are one team, dedicated to working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that propel the world forward. We hope you will join our diverse team of top people – you bring your talent, and we will give you the space and opportunities to grow and succeed. We are committed to making a difference.
What we offer:
Competitive Starting Pay
Global Advancement Opportunities
Company Vehicle (as applicable)
Health Savings Account (HAS)
401(k) savings plan with company match
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
What you will do
A Johnson Controls Security Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert possessing knowledge and experience with intrusion, IP CCTV, access control and fire alarm systems from multiple manufacturers. Candidate will possess strong verbal communication skills as they identify the needs of the customer and then inform them of next steps and processes to repair the system as needed to return full functionality. Candidate will possess skills and experience to inspect said systems to ensure proper functionality and provide written or digital reports to customer and company as needed.
How you will do it
Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
Readjust equipment, repair, or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
- Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
Performs repair and/or inspections of intrusion detection, IP CCTV, Access Control systems and fire alarms (if applicable).
Assists fellow service technicians with system repairs and completes minor repairs including battery replacement.
Tests operation of system to the customer monitoring center to properly establish service connectivity.
Complete all forms accurately and customer paperwork as required.
What we look for
- 3 years in low-voltage or security industry.
- Excellent general knowledge of major security manufacturer platforms including:
- Bosch/Radionics, Honeywell, Firelite, Silent Knight, DMP, DSC, etc.
- Valid driver's license with an excellent driving record.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Development)
- Ability to pass thorough background and identity checks.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to unload ladder from fleet vehicle and climb ladder.
- Ability to always operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.