Semiconductor Manufacturing Operator
South Portland, ME
Diodes Incorporated is seeking a full-time day-shift and night-shift Manufacturing Operators to join our talented manufacturing team! No experience is necessary; we will provide the training on the job.
As an Entry-Level Manufacturing Operator, you would be at the front lines of the exciting process that converts batches of blank silicon wafers (called wafer lots) into carriers for completed integrated circuits. These finished products are found in popular high-tech devices, like smart phones, tablets, and even medical devices and self-driving cars!
Night shift provides a 15% shift differential on top of the base pay.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Are you interested in learning what it's like to work in a highly-controlled, laboratory-like environment, called a clean room?
- Have no problems wearing lightweight hoods, smocks, boots, and safety glasses throughout the majority of your 12-hour shift. We also prohibit the wearing of perfume, cologne, hairspray, makeup, contact lenses, dresses, and open-toed/high-heeled shoes. These dressing requirements help protect the highly-sensitive tech products you will be working with.
- Enjoy doing detailed work in a clean and structured environment, and following established safety and quality procedures.
- Have a desire to learn and grow in the manufacturing or semiconductor industries.
- Have the drive and capability to be cross trained (learn more than one job or operation).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED, etc.)
- Minimum age of 18
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer proficiency, to include systems that work very similarly to Excel
- Ability to demonstrate computer proficiency and receive a passing score on a job-specific computer assessment
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule (see below)
- Ability to effectively communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to stand for at least 85% of the time (up to 10 hours) during any particular shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs
- Comfort working with and around chemicals (safety training is provided)
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task; prioritize effectively to push tasks through to completion
- Unrestricted right to work in the United States
- Stable work history is a plus
Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a Standard and Poor’s SmallCap 600 and Russell 3000 Index company, is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic, and analog semiconductor markets. Diodes serves the consumer electronics, computing, communications, industrial, and automotive markets.
We offer a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, FSA, 401k with company match, company paid Short Term and Long Term disability and standard life insurance policy. We also provide paid time off and employee wellness program.