Scoular is an employee-owned $9B agribusiness leading the way since 1892. We buy, sell, store, handle and process grain and ingredients by leveraging our global networks and expertise in international trade and transportation. Employing more 1,400 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North America and Asia, we provide safe, innovative and reliable solutions to farmers, grain processors, renewable energy producers, and manufacturers of food, animal feed, aquafeed and pet food. Our deep involvement in the global agricultural supply chain gives us the ability to quickly assess market needs and identify opportunities for growth and innovation.
The Corporate Senior Accountant will report directly to the Corporate Controller and lead the Financial Reporting process, including preparing the consolidated financial statements. This role serves as a lead resource in implementing and maintaining Scoular’s accounting practices, providing insightful, timely, and accurate financial information, and ensuring the safeguard of Scoular’s assets and adherence to key internal controls. The Senior Accountant may also include supervision duties on accounting staff.
- Corporate lead for internal and external Financial Reporting. Perform and book eliminating and consolidating journal entries. Assist with the monthly close process and preparation of the consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee the accounting and reporting for capital projects and the corresponding fixed asset/long-lived asset accounting.
- Serve as the lead in accounting for Scoular’s treasury function. Prepare regular compliance covenant reporting.
- Provide technical accounting research for critical accounting issues related to GAAP for the consolidated financial statements and provide recommendations and findings from research to Scoular management.
Be accountable for designated audit areas and in assisting and coordinating work in those areas during the annual financial statement audit. Assist in the preparation of the annual report.
- Serve as the lead business partner to Finance, IT, HR and Legal leadership, answering and solving for accounting related questions.
- Review monthly legal entity financial statements for Scoular subsidiaries.
Ensure that internal controls are adhered to and provide recommendations on process enhancements necessary to safeguard Scoular’s assets. Prepare and review Scoular’s SOPs (Statements of Procedures) for best practices.
Review existing processes, structures, and systems to identify improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization, and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
Build and maintain relationships with business leaders serving as a business partner. Enhance cross-functional collaboration by fostering trust, commitment, accountability, and results.