Senior Associate, HR Service Center
Abbott Park, IL
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Abbott Park, IL, currently has an opportunity for an Senior Associate, HR Service Center.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
This role is empowered to surpass expectations by collaborating, anticipating, driving to resolution, and serving with care, compassion, and confidence. This role takes ownership of the customer experience and must maintain composure in difficult situations.
Incumbent must demonstrate a stellar, seamless customer experience on and offline, coupled with attentive communication skills with a focus on patience, accuracy, and ability to listen compassionately and interpret requests from customers.
Incumbent is empowered to solve requests and challenges via exceptional customer service that is consistent, knowledgeable, and trusted.
Incumbent must be able to communicate professionally and compassionately with HR colleagues around the world and translate solutions and answers to customers in a way that enhances the customer experience.
Incumbent must be able to handle a high volume of requests with speed and accuracy.
Incumbent must continuously strive to anticipate the needs of our customers.
- Solve customer inquiries with timely, accurate, and professional replies while managing multiple contact channels and continually prioritizing among static (case management, outbound calls, and emails) and dynamic (inbound calls, chats, emails) work.
- Partner with other HR service center team members or HR groups around the world to drive to resolution. Work with a sense of urgency appropriate for conditions.
- Identify at-risk/in distress customer relationships and initiate corrective action with compassion through attentiveness to human need and utilizing available tools and resources and timely escalation.
- Identify and capture customer feedback and leverage opportunities to encourage and drive improvements in team behaviors. Identify "Roadblocks" to quality customer service and recommend improvements.
- Meet or exceed standards for both schedule adherence and reliability.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
More complex queries (cost center changes, intake for mass transactions, reporting relationship changes; org chart clean up; more complex job changes etc.). Some level of specialization, for example local country HR programs and processes.
- Favors core Associate responsibilities
- Customer Contracts
- Cost Center Changes
- Intake of mass transactions
- Reporting Relationship changes
- Supervisory Organization Restructuring
- More complex job changes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Software knowledge a plus: Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel, Workday (or other system of record experience highly preferred), Salesforce (or other CRM experience highly preferred).
- Fluency in English is required; other [language(s)] -very good level at minimum, fluency a plus.
- Excellent telephone, written and verbal communications skills in [required languages] necessary.
- Selected candidates must be able to work flexible work schedule and able to shift as per work demands. (* US only - mandatory overtime is required seasonally)
- Strong organizational skills and handling multiple channels (phone calls, chats, emails, appointments) of incoming workload.
- The use of an extensive set of technology applications and a broad knowledge base of HR processes and programs.
- Strong relationships with peers and other HR groups; ability to navigate numerous stakeholders and complex organizations with a constant focus on collaboration
- Strong knowledge of HR programs and processes to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is$19.10 – $37.90/hour
In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
JOB FAMILY:HR Operations
DIVISION:CHR Corporate Human Resources
LOCATION:United States > Abbott Park : AP52
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdfEEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf ID:uDnQdo