Senior Buyer 4
Under supervision of the Procurement Manager, a Sr. Buyer will possess authority to procure products and services strategically and tactically at the best value, consistent with quality, quantity, delivery, market trends and other business factors. Prepares RFI’s, RFP’s, RFQ’s, completes analysis and procures goods and/or services where the financial impact is significant. The Sr. Buyer will be an influential negotiator. Will lead supplier contract review and negotiations ensuring organization compliance. Will work directly in support of production operations and in collaboration with Program Managers, Engineers, and Operations personnel. Will collaborate in the selection of supplier sourcing efforts and implement procedures and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to continuously evaluate suppliers, costs, and delivery. Evaluate market trends against forecasting and demand to determine the best method of procurement such as contract, spot buy or consignment. Provides solutions for defective or non-conforming product or services with inspection / quality assurance personnel, users, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
• Negotiate all purchasing and contract terms satisfactorily with suppliers in support of all procurement and planning tools in use at Triumph, including the expediting of products and services while maintaining awareness of material status when required for higher risk commodities and on higher cost services, including Capital Expenditures.
• Perform tactical procurement functions across commodities, in support of Engineering and Program requirements.
• Proactively work with both Suppliers and Internal customers to identify and understand potential delays or impacts to Engineering/Operations, ensuring continuity of supply.
• Collaborate with Triumph Supply Chain Leadership Supplier Contract review, negotiations, and performance management and ensure compliance.
• Assist in drafting and interpreting (Request for Proposals (RFP’s), Terms and Conditions (T&C’s) Statement of Work (SOW), and Long-Term Agreements / Contracts
• Use the Microsoft Suite of Applications, including Excel, Work and PowerPoint – to perform analysis, prepare reports and summaries, as well as make recommendations to improve tactical procurement of products and services for Triumph across the site.
• Effectively use Triumph’s Enterprise Resource Planning system to manage suppliers and supply, while minimizing total cost to the organization and accurately transacting records.
• Manage, optimize, and improve metrics and KPI’s for Procurement by sourcing and developing appropriate suppliers and through strategic use of reporting tools.
• Effectively use all of Triumph’s supplier management methodology and quality requirements to manage risk of suppliers to inventory and immediate supply, while minimizing total cost
• Collaboration with Production control to ensure adequate stocking levels while minimizing obsolete and unused inventory.
• Coordinate the return / replacement of materials with suppliers for non- conforming product/services.
• Provide coordination in development of Triumph’s small dynamic business base, including small disadvantaged, woman-owned, veteran owned, HubZone and minority owned businesses as required by FAR/DFAR requirements and any contractual, statutory or regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided theoretical and practical knowledge in the field.
• 7-10 years minimum experience working in a purchasing team preferably, or other supply chain functions, within a manufacturing environment
• Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
• Demonstrated knowledge of MRP/ERP and Product Life Management (PLM) applications; experience with Epicor a plus
• Computer Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills are mandatory, advanced skills in Excel or database are beneficial
• Must be fluent in English
• Other preferred requirements:
• APICS, CPMS, CPM or ISM certification
• Experience in working closely with suppliers
• Ability to read engineering drawings or blueprint is an asset
• Experience in Aerospace or regulated industry with ISO certification
• Experience working in a matrix style organization and complying to both corporate and local requirements.
• Familiar with Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma initiatives
• Experience subcontracting under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
• Analytical skills to construct pricing strategies/exhibits to justify pricing reasonableness.
• Highly motivated, problem solving, collaborative team member.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA plans, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D, EAP, Legal, ID Theft Protection, Pet Insurance, Tuition Assistance, 401k with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Time Off (FTO), 12 Paid Holidays and Washington Paid Sick Leave.
Salary Range: 90,400.00 - 135,600.00
Hiring Range and Position Pay to Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Pursuant to International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”), applicants for SELECT positions will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residence, or U.S. Immigration Status in order to meet the minimum qualifications for those select positions. All inquiries related to citizenship are asked solely to comply with ITAR and EAR export licensing requirements.