Senior Consultant – Building and Construction
Intertek is searching for an Senior Consultant to join our Noise, Acoustics and Vibration Group within the Building & Construction team for a remote working opportunity. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in Acoustics!
The Senior Consultant is responsible for technical support and advancements of the acoustical consulting and field-testing operations with the goal of also performing analyses and developing estimates of assemblies for acoustical ratings.
What you’ll do:
- Follow and enforce all safety requirements and company policies
- Provide exceptional colleague support and customer service through any stage of project/product development and testing
- Conduct research of methods to estimate acoustical performance of assemblies,
- Develop tools and processes to assist colleagues and clients with estimates of acoustical ratings and automate our analysis of measured data
- Advance pre-existing tools that our group utilizes for analyses
- Create new analytical tools that our group can utilize for making analyses more efficient,
- Perform quality control reviews of the tools to ensure that they are functioning properly and accurately
- Train our staff on how to use the tools
- Update, modify and improve tools to function as needed for the team's unique needs and analyses
- Assume primary responsibility for projects as assigned
- Manage, oversee, and advance the acoustical field testing and capabilities of the Noise, Acoustic and Vibration group within the Building Science Solutions group
- Communicate verbally and in written correspondence with clients on building codes, test preparation, procedures, results, and reporting matters.
- Coordinate project testing requirements and schedule with available personnel and equipment availability
- Write test protocols when required
- Review and thoroughly understand contract requirements and document any deviations; advise clients of extra costs as they are incurred
- Assist in preparation of major proposals possibly via pre-bid meetings and on-site inspections. Follow-up with personnel and equipment allocations
- Review and understand budgeted personnel and equipment taking full responsibility to operate within budget (maintain profitability)
- Perform necessary calculations to support designs and simulations
- Perform engineering analysis of product and material performance attributes
- Be responsible for supervising the work of subordinate engineers and other technical staff
- Attend and participate in industry meetings as required
- Perform other work as required
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Master of Science or Master Engineering in Acoustics
- Extensive familiarity ASTM standards
- At least 15 years experience of engineering experience in acoustics
- INCE Board Certification is preferred
- Experience with programming analytical tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft O356 tools preferred
- Ability to perform office tasks and physical labor tasks
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- Willingness to travel 1 week per month as required
- Sound computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable driving record (required)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.ID:uDnQdo