Senior Controls Engineer
At Wolfspeed, we do amazing things in a human way.
We know that the achievements of our organization are due to the passion, hard work and creativity of our employees. We celebrate different perspectives to foster excellence across our organization, and our goal is to make diversity a foundation of what we do. We are proudly building an environment where you can bring your authentic self to work.
· Enjoy doing things that people say can’t be done? Innovation is at the center of everything we do.
· Hate red tape? We remove roadblocks instead of creating them.
· Working parent? We provide childcare assistance and paid parental leave.
· Student? We offer continuing education assistance.
· Looking for community? There are many ways to get involved, from Employee Resource Groups to local outreach.
Here’s the Gist:
Wolfspeed's Materials team is seeking a Controls Engineer. Responsibilities of this role will include designing and programming of PC-based and PLC-based control systems and developing monitoring and maintenance systems using Visual Studio .NET and SQL. The person in this role will be required to implement these systems in the plant and provide required support as needed. This includes multiple functions relating to the development and integration of software systems to improve tool performance and efficiency and to collect data from and monitor plant floor manufacturing processes. The candidate will be required to coordinate the installation and startup of systems or system upgrades and the training of plant associates.
· Design, code and troubleshoot plant automation and data collection systems.
· Design, program and install new electrical control systems and/or upgrade existing systems using the latest technology available.
· Providing technical support in maintenance of existing control systems.
This Job is Right for You if You Have (Minimum Requirements):
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
· At least 3 years of experience with PCs, PLCs, I/O, sensors and process controls.
· Knowledge of and use of software source control systems.
· Demonstrated understanding of good software development and testing practices in a manufacturing environment.
· At least 3 years of experience with HMI
· 2 years or more experience with Ignition preferred
This posting is for a full-time, in-person appointment reporting to our Durham, NC manufacturing site.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
This role requires the lawful ability to access technical data, information, and areas controlled by United States export control laws and regulations.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
To put it legally – Wolfspeed is an equal opportunity employer.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other protected status as required by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.