Senior Controls Specialist
Farm Springs, UT
Country:United States of America
Location:UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (NYSC: RTX) is headquartered Waltham, Massachusetts and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products, systems, and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. Raytheon Technologies is comprised of four industry-leading businesses: Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 195,000 employees globally. Most importantly, RTX develops future business leaders.
As RTX continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:
Senior Controls Specialist
You will be part of Enterprise Services’ Controllership and Compliance Department. Enterprise Services (ES) is our mega shared service organization providing a wide range of back-office support to our businesses globally, so they can focus on what they do best.
Within ES Controllership and Compliance, you will primarily support controls within the Global Financial Services (GFS) Payroll organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager, GFS Controls and Compliance, this role will have opportunities to support international controls under the greater umbrella of the team.
This position represents an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone to build on their existing accounting and/or audit experience through in-depth exposure to a large-scale, fast-paced and complex payroll shared service organization. You will expect relentless focus on controls, driving issues to resolution and facilitating process improvements within the Domestic USA Payroll and Americas Payroll environment.
As the two payroll environments from both heritage companies undergo harmonization in 2021 (Project Light), you will be key in ensuring the future-state is set up for success.
Responsibilities for the Domestic US Payroll and Americas Payroll:
- Assist in completing the annual entity level risk assessment, risk mitigation and internal controls gap assessments
- Perform annual Sarbanes-Oxley controls testing procedures
- Support the GFS Payroll Sarbanes-Oxley program for establishing and maintaining adequate internal control over financial reporting
- Participate in the annual Accounting and Controls Assessments (ACA)
- Support the monthly internal controls and compliance monitoring and reporting to evaluate effectiveness and remedial action requirements/guidance
- Provide guidance on RTX Policy, accounting and internal control matters
- Support RTX Internal and external audits
- Perform evaluation of SOC1 reports from key outsourced service providers
- Support the process and controls harmonization effort in Project Light
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience in audit, controls, finance or accounting or controls
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley
- CPA/CMA or equivalent professional qualifications
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Perform assigned duties in a self-directed, timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage priorities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience in performing or testing controls within large complex shared service organizations preferred
- Strong mindset focusing on identifying inefficiencies and driving operational improvements.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, reporting to a supervisor in different time zone
- Effective written and verbal communication skills - Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven experience in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms