Senior Customer Quality Engineer
Optimas OE Solutions
The Quality engineer is a dynamic, technical engineer with a passion for improving the customer experience and satisfaction within the Optimas Americas business unit.
The Quality Engineer works with internal resources (manufacturing, suppliers, supply chain/operations, program management, sales, engineering, operations, data governance, etc.) in a customer-facing role to deliver superior quality performance.
The position will focus on activities that promote overall customer satisfaction, business segment growth, strengthened customer relationships through resolution of customer issues, process improvements, and compliance activities to relevant standards.
The ideal candidate has a history of success interacting with customers in a quality capacity, knowledge of quality systems and automotive requirements, and driving cross functional initiatives to support quality performance goals. Fastener and/or distribution experience, preferred.
· Lead the process of providing timely responses to assigned customers on quality matters (8Ds, COPQ, corrective and preventive issues, PPAP/ISIR part approvals, audit, customer visit support) using Optimas processes and problem-solving tools.
· Identify customer quality needs, create, and execute plans to address.
· Drive escalation of customer issues coordinate key resources in the escalation process, and project manage the customer issue until its resolution
· Ensure appropriate responses to customer(s) corrective actions and complaints.
· Lead internal departments and/or suppliers through root cause investigation
· Assist with audit preparation and execution of customer audits
· Ensure timely disposition of failed part inventory, parts on Quality hold.
· Exhibit proficiency in ERP (NS) system as a super user.
· Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing a variety of requests to improve performance and exploring opportunities to add value.
· Understand and follow customer specific quality systems and procedures.
· Understand and comply with QMS policies and procedures
· Support consistent implementation, auditing, compliance and evaluation of company operating processes, procedures, forms, manuals, and tools.
· Exhibit proficient interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, suppliers, and internal cross functional teams regarding technical and business matters at a level appropriate for the audience.
1) Functional/Technical Skills (Manufacturing/Distribution Environment)
2) Customer Orientation.
3) Problem Solving.
4) Communication (Verbal/Written).
6) Process Management.
7) Drive for Results.
8) Responsiveness/Sense of Urgency.
9) High Sense of Accountability.
10) Timely Decision Making.
· Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent experience. Mechanical Engineering a plus.
· Blueprint reading. GD&T is a plus.
· 5 years quality experience, CQE a plus.
· 1-3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Direct experience with continuous improvement processes (5 why, Root Cause Analysis, CAPA).
· Working knowledge of Core Tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA & PPAP, CAPA).
· Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and related tools; Green or Black Belt is a plus.
· Internal auditing or process auditing experience preferred (IATF 16949, ISO 9001).
· Process and industry knowledge.
· Automotive experience preferred.
· Fastener experience preferred.
· Business software proficiency including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Minitab, ERP.
· Effective project management skills.
· Proficient in English, both verbal and written.
Physical Demands / Travel:
· Domestic travel (car/air) 10-15%.
· Infrequent international travel to support business demands. <5%.