Senior Data Scientist – Data Ventures
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
Data Ventures, akin to a nimble startup incubated within Walmart is building the best-in-class suite of Data Products to deliver actionable, customer-centric insights and help merchants and suppliers make better business decisions on omni channel 360 performance.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in science projects/products and take ownership of project delivery and responsibilities and be the technical SPOC for your team. You will work closely with product stakeholders and deliver outstanding business outcomes. Provide leadership with constant updates and align with directions and expectation.
Must have: Machine Learning, Data Science, SQL, NoSQL, Python, R, CI/CD, MLOps, Big Data, Cloud, Machine Learning
What You’ll Do:
- Work in customer data science space building models for customer segmentation, customer LTV, etc.
- Work with marketing team to build algorithms that would help in better customer targeting.
- Analyzes the business problem and recommends approach to resolve the business problem.
- Selects appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale, multiple structured and unstructured data sets.
- Selects and develops variables and features iteratively based on model responses in collaboration with the business.
- Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
- Work on ad-hoc data science projects
- Mentor junior data scientist in the team and act as a tech SPOC from your area
- What You’ll Bring:
- Passion for problem-solving, come with Analytical mindset with critical-thinking, and data skills.
- Expertise in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Strong technical skills in SQL, Python, R, or other programming languages commonly used in data analysis.
- Deep expertise in Customer Data Science viz. customer segmentation, churn analysis, repeat purchase, market basket, A/B testing, etc.
- Awareness of software engineering principles, ability to develop and deploy appropriate analytic code suitable for production.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and MLOps
- Experience working with large datasets, finding insights, and telling stories using data.
- Good knowledge in working with distributed datastores (e.g., SQL, NoSQL), and Big Data and Cloud technologies like GCP BQ.
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team of data scientists.
- Understanding of advance ML topics viz. Deep learning (ENN, CNN, RNN, etc.), GAN, Transformers, NLP, LLM’s is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Prior experience working in the retail data sets is strongly preferred.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)