Senior Designer (US) – Design Operations Manager, Enterprise Solutions
What you'll do...
Design Operations Manager, Enterprise Solutions
About the Team
The Walmart Design Team creates richly compelling digital experiences for millions of customers and associates – whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. As the biggest player in the game, we believe that we have a responsibility to provide dignity, access, and great design to our customers, associates, and partners. You will help us deliver excellence in everything we do.
As an early hire on the Design Program Management team, you’ll wear a number of hats and will craft human-centered processes that enable the design team at the world’s largest company to run more smoothly. We are a “show, don’t tell” kind of team and are looking for a resourceful self-starter with an operational mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and experience in design. If this sounds like you and you’re excited about supporting an award-winning design team at the forefront of retail, you could be a great fit for the Design Operations Manager position.
As a Design Operations Manager, you will report into the Head of Design Operations and work closely with the Senior Design Program Manager in your space as well as partners other partners in design, research, product and engineering to streamline design delivery and enable designers to do their best work.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Tracking active work and designer allocation across initiatives
- Reporting on the status of key initiatives
- Working with design leadership and cross-functional stakeholders to triage issues, resolve dependencies and plan upcoming work
- Managing backlogs and caring for design priorities
- Representing design in quarterly planning sessions
- Creating playbooks and documenting best practices
- Onboarding new team members to the Design team
You’ll make an impact by:
- Solving problems big and small with curiosity and patience
- Creating flexible processes that streamline the delivery of design work
- Anticipating and caring for team challenges as they arise
- Caring for team rituals that strengthen our design community
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have experience supporting a large Design organization
- You have a track record of influencing cross-functional partners and working horizontally across initiatives at a big company
- You are an Airtable expert
- You have a deep understanding and love for the design process
- You’re a process nerd who is energized by addressing friction in the design process and enjoys jumping into the weeds of day-to-day design activity
- You are a confident communicator and strong advocate for design teams • You hold yourself to the same standards of craft as our designers
- You are driven by empathy and motivated by the opportunity to impact the dayto-day experience of designers
- You collaborate naturally, operate independently, and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You produce great work with quick turnarounds and multitask effectively across different activities
- You are highly organized and have great attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You’re excited by the prospect of supporting the teams that are directly shaping the future of retail
- • Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Design Operations, program management within cross-functional teams, or as an experienced design program manager.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Employer Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversityunique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $98,000.00-$168,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 3 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area. Option 2: 5 years’ experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Design certification (for example, IDEOU - Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate), Driving product development in a user experience area, Master's degree in UI/UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design, Product Design, or related area, Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), UI/UX, Interactive and Visual Design, Electronics Art, Multimedia Design, or related area