Senior Director I, Data Science -Omnichannel Supply Chain Strategy
What you'll do...
Walmart’s CENTROID org is transforming the future of Walmart’s omnichannel supply chain strategy. Our team of industry-leading experts, consultants, and technologists combine exceptional strategic thinking with data science and advanced analytics to solve the world’s most complex supply chain challenges at Walmart’s scale.
Our mission is to design a supply chain that leverages Walmart’s unique advantages to provide a wide product assortment, offer the lowest costs, and build cutting-edge capabilities through transformative
initiatives. We’re looking for extraordinary supply chain talent with top-notch quantitative abilities, critical thinking skills, and business acumen to propel Walmart through the next 50 years of excellence and innovation.
This team is well-positioned to reimagine our supply chain workflows and accelerate implementation of technology across the network.
You’ll really wow us if…
Your ability to rise above group thinking and see beyond the here and now is matched only by your intellectual curiosity.
You consider yourself to be a student of the world who thrives in an ever-changing environment that holds within it new challenges and chances to prove your expertise.
You level up when you teach others and empower those around you to excel.
We’re looking for a Sr. Director I to lead a team that is focused on creating initiatives for future strategies across Walmart’s omnichannel supply chain. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results. In this role, you’ll primarily be responsible for creating a long-term strategy and transformative path for Walmart’s rapidly growing omnichannel business.
· Lead, hire, and mentor a team of world-class supply chain strategists and highly analytical leaders while working in an agile, experimental environment.
· Build and communicate a clear vision for one of our end-to-end businesses (e.g., perishable, ambient and bulky products).
· Define strategic roadmap to include advanced analytics and models to support mid and long-term decisions of capital and technology.
· Overall strategic omnichannel network design optimizing for assortment, channel, speed, cost, capacity, capability, and inventory.
· Connect and design the overall Ecosystem.
· Aid peer groups to enable cross-functional targets and metrics.
· Help envision, design, and implement supporting systems.
You will thrive in this role if you:
· Excel in communicating with individuals and groups at all levels of an organization.
· Bring a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within the supply chain, utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling, and optimization.
· Are adept at dealing with ambiguity and making independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
· 12 - 15 years of supply chain optimization models.
· 10 - 12 years of supervisory experience.
Potential projects include:
· Create models to analyze the Supply Chain network needed to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; opening, closing, or repurposing distribution centers; conduct scenario analysis to evaluate multiple networks designs and impact to customer experience and cost to serve.
· Develop Inventory Planning and Distribution strategy to optimize cost to serve and improve customer experience and stock availability with a tiered storage network and dynamic real-time distribution network.
· Develop optimization logic and a tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation, balancing cost and SLA requirements.
· Masters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply Chain
· Extensive experience in developing supply chain strategies for medium to large size omni-channel/eCommerce retailers
· Extensive experience or knowledge of supply chain domains and related information systems — distribution/transportation, sourcing, planning, manufacturing, and inventory management
· Innovative and disruptive thinking
· Deep analytics and data science experience to lead the development of simulation and optimization models
· Superior communication, presentation and influencing skills
· Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 7
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology or related field and 5 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 9 years' experience in an analytics or related
3 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)