Senior Director I, Engineering/Walmart Commerce Technologies
What you'll do...
As a part of Walmart Commerce Technologies, you will play a crucial role in bringing a billion-dollar portfolio of cutting-edge technology developed and used at Walmart to market. You will have the unique opportunity to build and scale an exciting new business by combining established and emerging technologies to develop solutions for enterprises and SMBs, enabling them to optimize their operations. If you are passionate about driving customer growth, delivering value, taking ownership of your work, and can attract, motivate, and scale engineering teams, then our Head of Engineering position is the perfect fit for you. You will lead and develop the Engineering team for Walmart Commerce Technologies, enabling other retailers to leverage technologies developed and used by world’s largest retailer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background and with a track record of designing, building, deploying, and supporting scalable products serving 1000s of customers.
What you'll do:
- Establish the long-term technology strategy for Walmart Commerce
- Technologies by building a multi-year vision that ensures and drives consistent, sustainable processes and best practices.
- Drive growth and development of Walmart Commerce Technologies products by providing integrated commerce and fulfillment solutions, reducing IT complexity for retailers and supporting
- their growth through the adoption of omni-channel technologies.
- Foster alignment across cross-functional teams by with stakeholders, ensuring roadmap alignment, collaborating on significant business processes and system reengineering strategies, and ensuring requirements are met to enable users to deliver on commitments.
- Own the execution of roadmaps for integrated commerce and fulfillment solutions, working closely with architects and tech leads to implement technology strategies for fulfillment software solutions.
- Partner with other functional leaders to build multi-year product & technology roadmap.
- Proactively monitor, identify, and resolve customer issues.
- Manage the engineering organization through other directors and senior engineering managers.
- Hire talent, mentor team members, and grow the team.
What you'll bring:
- Strong senior-level engineering leadership expertise in medium to large size company.
- Proven experience in hiring, developing and scaling world-class engineering teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in Agile product development, test-driven development, architectural integration multiple technologies and systems, and the importance of working in small batches.
- Hands-on technical and engineering knowledge, with expert-level software engineering and coding skills.
- Experience leading large scale systems in fast-paced environments.
- Proficiency in multiple distributed technologies (e.g. Spark/Storm, Kafka, Key Value Stores, Caching, Solr, Druid, etc.)
- Experience in one or more public cloud technologies like GCP, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with large team collaboration, using CI/CD practices, and agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated history of building and growing technology teams and developing talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 15 years of related experience, including at least 5 years recent experience in building and scaling SaaS focused organization.
About Walmart Commerce Technologies
Walmart Commerce Technologies is a new Software business within Walmart, offering solutions that help businesses of all sizes transform how they operate and meet the ever-evolving needs of customers. Walmart Commerce Technologies recently launched Store Assist, an out-of-the box, store fulfillment application, that makes local fulfillment (think pickup, delivery, and shipping) easy for retailers. Our fulfillment technology has been proven in Walmart stores for the last decade and built on top of 60 years of industry leadership. If you are excited about building a new business at the world’s largest retailer, check out Walmart Commerce Technologies at http://commerce.walmart.com.At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $161,000.00-$276,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and7 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
Option 2: 9 years’ experience in software engineering or related area.
4 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.