Senior Director, Sourcing
What you'll do...
The Sourcing team is embarking on a new phase of growth on our journey to become the most trusted and resilient supplier, powered by Walmart. We are accomplishing this by activating a new strategy and structure, doubling down on fostering a psychologically safe environment, and empowering our associates to move faster, collaborate more easily and win together. International Sourcing Services is a key part of this strategy focused on driving value, resilience and trust with merchant leadership in-market.
This position reports directly to leader of International Sourcing Services and works with Sourcing teams and merchants around the world including direct reports in China, Canada, and the UK.
Location for this Opportunity
This position is located in Bentonville, Arkansas at our main corporate campus. We offer an excellent benefits package to help you get here!
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You are a strong leader of global high performing teams that enables our associates to deliver impact.
- You can effectively embrace and drive change across global programs in ways that create buy-in and are sensitive to the operational challenges of business facing teams.
- You get excited when you can bring structure and order to complex programs.
- You are process-minded and look for opportunities to simplify, streamline, and standardize to improve effectiveness, and you seek and find digital solutions that set us up for the future.
- You are never satisfied and are always striving to make things better.
- You have knowledge of (or interest in) how Walmart buys, sources, and imports products, but recognize that the way we do this around the world is changing quickly!
- You have the confidence to step into and lead through complex issues with diverse stakeholders, and the humility to recognize that the best approaches and ideas could come from anywhere.
- You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- You take a “customer-first” approach to solving problems.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in business or related area and 7 years’ experience in supply chain, transportation, logistics, or related area. Option 2: 9 years' experience in supply chain, transportation, logistics, or related area.
3 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Certified Purchasing Manager or related purchasing manager certification., Cross-functional experience, Master's degree in business or related area