Senior Electrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Saft Space and Defense Division
Hunt Valley, MD
Saft is an international company specializing in advanced battery systems for industrial, aerospace, and defense applications. This role is in Saft’s Space and Defense Division, where we develop cutting edge electrochemistry, electronics, and software for the most advanced battery systems used in satellites, defense, and high performance automotive. This division’s products are powering the GOES-R series of weather satellites, providing load leveling for directed energy weapons at 1 kV and 400 Arms, and powering the most advanced hybrid vehicles on the planet in Formula 1 racing.
About This Role
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will work on the full range of development tasks for our custom control and power electronics:
- Customer interaction – you will understand user needs, including direct customer interaction
- Schematic design – perform parts selection, analysis, simulation, and schematic capture for control and power electronics
- Perform or support in-house board layout with OrCAD PCB Editor
- Checkout and verify new designs – assisted by capable technicians in a well-equipped EE lab
- Build and test prototype products - full development cycle from early lab prototypes to final qualified designs
- Design overall system architecture including cables and buswork
- Perform system integration – including debugging and troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience performing schematic design, analysis, and simulation
- Experience supporting or performing board layout
- Troubleshooting / failure analysis ability and experience
- Experience supporting board procurement in a regulated environment (telecom, transportation, medical, military, or space)
- Battery experience is not a plus – no battery experience needed
- Citizen or green card holder
- We offer a full benefits package, including but not limited to yearly salary increases, an extremely attractive 401K match, up to $10,000 yearly in tuition reimbursement, health program incentives, training programs, etc.
- Our site in Cockeysville is financially stable with no reductions in force since 1993. We have numerous employees that have accrued 15, 30, even 50 years of tenure!
- We take pride in our diverse workforce, and we truly value internal mobility and movement.
- Our site is located just north of Baltimore. Our central location offers numerous residential options – whether you want to live in a hip urban area or find respite in country living – it is all within a 30-minute drive from our site.