Senior Engineering Manager – Platform Services Software (Onsite) (Sign on bonus up to $50k)
Cedar Rapids, IA
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
The Networking and Platform Software Department in the Communications Engineering directorate designs, develops, enhances, ports, tests, and maintains embedded platform software services for airborne and ground-based military communication products. This software utilizes a service-based architecture to provide common functions to our radios such as mission fill, reprogramming, human-machine interfaces, and a multitude of other radio management features. Additionally, the group has a strong emphasis on providing network convergence and platform cybersecurity features to our communication products.
- Planning, organizing, recruiting/hiring, resource allocation, personnel development, performance reviews, salary planning, and overall group management of software engineers. The position requires project execution direction to the engineering team. The candidate must demonstrate sound decision making skills, communication skills, networking skills, and the ability to accurately forecast project work and costs. A successful candidate will also have a high-level understanding of systems engineering and hardware development.
- The candidate will work directly with and/or manage daily activities of software engineers, program chiefs, value stream leaders, and supporting organizations to develop embedded software for military communications products based on software defined radio architectures.
- The candidate will lead the engineering team using strong interaction, interpersonal, mentoring and negotiating skills, and will be responsible for managing project risks/issues and elevating to upper management when appropriate. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for adhering to and supporting Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements.
- A successful candidate should have working knowledge of embedded software development and the use of C++, as well as a proven ability to guide and lead software development processes, experience with cost account and schedule management and demonstrated experience mentoring other engineers. Extensive experience in all software development phases from concept, Preliminary Design (PDR), Critical Design (CDR), code and unit testing, software\hardware integration, qualification testing, and product deliveries is needed, and it is highly desired that the candidate have used Agile and DevOps development methodologies.
- Familiarity with software defined radios architectures, experience with bid narrative write-ups, earned value reporting, configuration management tools, Atlassian ALM tool suite, SEER-SEM estimation modeling tool, radio systems development and network design are advantageous considerations for this position.
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience OR
Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years’ experience OR
In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws / regulations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. The candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements. Preferred applicants will currently hold a Secret (or above) security clearance, or have held one within the past two years.
- Practical experience in all aspects\phases of embedded software development & design.
- Experience making work assignments in a management or project engineer role.
- Practical project planning experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and TermsID:uDnQdo