Senior Field Engineer
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations, Agricultural Tire Div.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world's largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world's largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment 'Our Way to Serve,' Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
** This position has the option to be a remote opportunity **
** Our ideal candidate would sit out of the Dallas, TX **
- Assist Earthmover Product Managers (EPM), Manager Mine Accounts (MMA) and Field Engineers (FE) in monitoring and improving OTR tire performance and product quality in North America (US and Canada).
- Analysis of all relevant factors which contribute to product performance
- Analysis of customer operating conditions
- Scrap tire and warranty adjustment analysis
- Special projects and assignments as required to improve and maximize OTR tire performance
- Support Engineering Management and office staff in analysis of performance trends and opportunities for product improvement
- Support Customer Service and OTR Tire Dealers with necessary technical and application data to complete sales transactions and improve customer satisfaction.
- Draft and submit ideas for technical and customer service bulletins
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Proven experience at communicating and working with people at all levels
- Ability to communicate technical scenarios/issues in non-technical terms that can be easily understood
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% including internationally
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or less
- Mining, Construction or tire experience
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If hired, a Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification must be completed at the start of employment. Temporary work authorization or the need for sponsorship may disqualify you from employment.