Senior Financial Analyst – Pork Operations and Dry Sausage
Senior Financial Analyst – Supply Chain - Pork Operations and Dry Sausage
Hormel Foods Corporation
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $11 billion in annual revenues across 75 countries worldwide. Its brands include Planters®, SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Columbus®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12 years, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
The incumbent will be responsible for cost analytics and strategy related to Pork Operations, and the dry sausage portfolio, including Pepperoni and Columbus.
- Strategic business partner to R&D, Marketing, Sales, Operations and BU Finance - initiate, implement, and maintain analytics, costing, reporting and insights that improve efficiencies, reduce costs and increase revenue. Performs specialized cost analysis and develops sales price formulas for new and existing products.
- Monitors and reviews yield and performance measurements to verify cost accuracy and to notify the business segment, operations and cost accounting of any potential areas that need investigating or updating.
- Driver of process improvement. Deliver meaningful reporting, analysis and insights to drive informed decision-making; Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and communicate past performance and future trajectory to drive profitable growth.
- Research and analyze the financial impact of alternative business choices or investment decisions related to their assigned portfolio.
- Finance Lead for the S&OP Process for their assigned portfolio, as well as Capex analysis.
- Assists the Finance Manager of Refrigerated foods with the forecasting and analysis of cost to produce and cost of goods for their assigned portfolio.
- Provides the Business segments and their finance staff bucketed variance analysis (labor, overhead, raw materials, commodities), COGS forecasting for AOP and Rolling Forecast, and cost savings projects and initiatives.
- Leverages technology and best-in-class processes to improve area efficiency; ensure an understanding of available internal and external tools and systems to improve work processes and automation.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- 4+ years of Finance or Accounting experience
- Demonstrated pattern of initiative.
- Strong computer skills including Excel.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt as business needs change.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
- Prior Supply Chain Finance and Cost Accounting experience.
- Experience using Oracle and Oracle Smart View.
- Experience communicating accounting and financial information to partners outside the finance function.
- Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of complex projects across multiple levels of management.
- Completion or working towards completion of CMA, CPA, or FPAC certification or MBA.
TRAVEL: Travel may be necessary up to 10% of the time.
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at: www.hormelfoods.com/careers
At Hormel we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo