Senior Financial Business Partner
Buffalo Grove, IL
WHO WE ARE
We’re a global team of over 25,000 engineering, manufacturing, supply chain and sustaining service experts who partner with customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
From surgical devices and health monitors to warehouse robotics and space products, we partner with our customers to help create the products that build a better world.
Whether you’re looking to start, make a change or advance your career, find your path at Plexus Corp. and make an impact.
WHY WE LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that inspire and empower you to realize your full potential. Leadership and development programs to support your career goals.
We believe that our people create our best Plexus. At Plexus, we value the ideas generated by our collective uniqueness and recognize that the diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives of our team members enable us to create the innovative products that build a better world. Because of this, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to our positions, and will look at candidates holistically, balancing work, education and additional experiences.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
Purpose Statement: The Financial Analyst – Business Partner provides financial leadership to the Customer Focus Teams (“CFT”s) at our manufacturing sites. They influence decisions made by the CFT to ensure that customer satisfaction is balanced with profitable revenue for each customer program. They are responsible for a variety of financial activities, which ensure we deliver accurate financial results from our operations and while monitoring our financial performance and working to continuously improve it.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Serve as the key Business Partner representing financial inputs to the CFT. Lead discussions with and challenge functional departments and the CFT in order to construct financial forecasts that are consistent and predictable.
- Lead the customer’s financial month-end close process; work with corporate accounting, site management and supporting teams to ensure site- and customer-level financial results are correctly stated in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Proactively manage customer financial results by influencing operational decisions on our customers which maximize our performance; includes performing and presenting margin and cost recovery analysis to the CFT team.
- Lead monthly customer sales and margin forecast process. Prepare accurate monthly customer sales forecasts, and weekly updates.
- Lead the customer re-pricing process using the Impact ECS quote tool and ensure pricing models are properly implemented and executed. Analyze new pricing impact through Pro-Forma P&L review to ensure it meets site and market sector financial targets when establishing new pricing.
- Focus’ on the most complex customer and MPF portfolios which are likely to include customers with the most significant financial impacts within the site and include complex pricing, assembly or business processes. Establishes unique approaches to managing the customer which enable results that match the long-term strategy of the site.
- Assesses processes and procedures for effectiveness and engages with peers to establish improvements in both communication and analysis of results or forecasted performance. Drives improvements across multiple functions to improve the analysis of results and processes that tie in to other business functions.
- Seen as a team leader and expert in the analysis of customer financial data.
- Follow up on pricing and re-pricing activities by providing analysis of quoted business and actual financial results to ensure we meet our financial targets. Review results of analysis with the customer focus team to drive improvement in direct labor, indirect labor and material pricing.
- Lead risk mitigation and cost recovery initiatives for the customer, and help ensure pricing models are managed appropriately. Drive closure of claims, including: PPV, NRE, carrying cost, labor/fixed cost recoveries and E&O.
- To assure accurate repricing of assemblies, possess a thorough understanding of customer contracts and pricing models for assigned customers. Provide P&L and margin analysis to determine repricing targets
- Execute unique pricing projects including production/prototype assemblies
- Execute forecast processes including validating NREs, pricing, assembly quantities, variances and margins to ensure an accurate forecast. Lead the Customer Focus Team forecast meetings to determine the appropriate forecast
- Perform analysis using historical data, contractual expectations and invoice timing to provide the customers AP and AR forecast. Review deposit and inventory forecasts and follow up with the CFT team to make sure they align to the broader forecast.
- Work with customer focus team to determine risk and opportunity for each forecast cycle.
- Drive communication of financials to Operations team and gather data from Operations
- Ensure key balance sheet and P&L accounts are properly stated; provide leadership on issues by coordinating with Cost Accounting and Financial support teams to determine appropriate resolution.
- Provide financial analysis by reviewing trial balance and other financial statements to ensure accuracy.
- Research and track Accounts Receivable issues including past due invoices and open debit memos; drive closure to improve customer cash cycle and prevent reserve adjustments for bad debt and CRGs.
- Drive disposition of customer financial transactions through the financial support and centralized teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting are maintained
- Attend Materials Readiness Board (MRB) and maintain TipQA to ensure assumptions around NCM parts responsibility are documented and appropriate disposition decisions are being made (Plexus not taking unnecessary cOP hits).
- Review NCM and E&O to aid the CFT and customer management in creating recovery plans
- Work with Program Managers, Accounting and any additional department (as needed) to correct shipment mistakes or valuation errors.
- Review new business with existing customers to assess financial performance.
- Analysis of customer transactions and inventory to manage need for customer credits.
- Lead CFT financial reviews to identify underperforming assemblies or programs. Drive results and improvement initiatives to support improved profitability.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a(n) Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration is required; a(n) Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is preferred
- 1 years of related experience is required; 2 years of related experience is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Experience with or expertise in financial systems is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent leadership, communication, collaboration and teamwork skills are essential.
- Data storytelling and converting data into insights are strongly preferred.
- The work setting should consist of an office environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a low noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.