Senior Firmware Engineer
S2 Security Corp.
Country:United States of America
Location:CAENH: FS Kidde Fireye 3 Manchester Road, Derry, NH, 03038 USA
Carrier is the leading global provider of healthy, safe and sustainable building and cold chain solutions with a world-class, diverse workforce with business segments covering HVAC, refrigeration, and fire and security. We make modern life possible by delivering safer, smarter and more sustainable services that make a difference to people and our planet while revolutionizing industry trends. This is why we come to work every day. Join us and we can make a difference together.
Fireye is part of the Carrier Corporation, within a family of remarkable companies defined by its leading global brands and renowned for its unyielding commitments to innovation and environmental sustainability.
Fireye, located in Derry, NH, is an industry-leading combustion and efficiency controls and monitoring instrumentation, optical flame scanners, and system components for industrial, commercial, and utility markets. Fireye products are deployed across the globe. To learn more about Fireye, visit our website at www.fireye.com.
About this role:
Fireye, located in Derry, NH, seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and fast-paced Firmware Engineer to lead firmware product design matters. The incumbent will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing software from concept to completion for various projects in a company producing industrial controls and advanced flame scanning products. This individual will act as the technical lead role for assigned tasks as part of the new product development team.
- Lead and participate in the development and specification of new product SW platform architectures
- Develop a solid understanding of the software design-related agency standards which relate to Fireye's business, including IEC 61508 (Functional Safety of Electronic Safety-Related Systems), UL 60730 (Software in Programmable Components), EN 230/298 (Automatic Burner Control Systems), and their impact on product system and functional requirements
- Develop product software, mainly in C, for microcontroller-based product platforms
- Be an expert in the use of SW tools: Compilers/Linkers, debuggers, in-circuit emulators, JTAG emulators, bug-tracking systems, source-code control/build systems, for development/debug
- Design, simulate, develop, and debug advanced control and signal processing algorithms
- Use HW tools such as Oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators/analyzers, LabView/other software for development/debug
- Plan to ensure agency approval, platform re-use, testability, manufacturability
- Perform root-cause analysis on failed product
- The employee is periodically required to perform repetitive movements
- Due to contractual agreements, must be a US citizen, green card holder, or permanent resident
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience developing bare metal firmware
- 3+ years of experience writing interrupt handlers and device drivers
- 3+ years of experience testing, debugging, and characterizing sub-systems and systems
- 2+ years of experience with communication protocols such as Modbus, SPI, I2C, RS-232, and/or RS-485
- Experience with ARM, and Silabs microcontrollers
- Experience with "fail-safe" design
- Experience performing software FMEA
- Experience with software analysis tools
- The employee may occasionally be necessary to visit field installations at factories and commercial establishments
- Sometimes required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials
- The employee is sometimes required to reach overhead with hands and arms; rotate body from sitting and standing position and lift and carry weight up to 30 lbs
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy NoticeID:uDnQdo