Senior Full Stack Engineer, Elections
The Washington Post Co.
- You have a desire to contribute to The Post’s journalism through technology.
- You are passionate about refining and improving team process, culture, documentation and communication while tackling complex data science and engineering challenges.
- You want to work at a deeper level of abstraction than a single story or beat.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and applying them to the practice of journalism.
- Work on the software components of our live election architecture including deployment, observability, participating in code reviews, and more.
- Work closely with our engineers and data scientists to develop and maintain pipelines and administrative apps/dashboards for election data.
- Work with newsroom stakeholders to assess needs, build useful and reusable tooling, and contribute to storytelling.
- Foster effective team collaboration and communication by improving and documenting internal tools, processes and guidelines.
- Assist in attracting and hiring team members who want to work at the intersection of journalism and technology by actively participating in recruiting – and contributing feedback on our overall hiring process.
- At least five years of experience in a software or data-related role. Years of experience, among other qualifications, will determine level.
- A desire to contribute to the Post’s journalism via technology.
- Predisposition towards testing, instrumentation, and documentation.
- We encourage candidates who may not check all the boxes to apply. We also welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds.
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
Nine paid holidays and two personal days
20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
Robust mental health resources
Backup care and caregiver concierge services
Gender affirming services
Free Post digital subscription
Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn’t end in the Newsroom – dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator – how will you Impact Tomorrow?