Senior Functional Analyst – SAP Production Planning
Senior Functional Analyst - SAP Production Planning
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Dallas, TX, USA - Miami, FL, USA - Seattle, WA
Job Description Qualifications:
Boeing Supply Chain Information Technologist (IT) Systems is seeking a Senior Functional Analyst - (SAP Production Planning) supporting the High Performance Analytical Appliance (S/4 HANA) to join Demand to Plan (DTP) Work Stream team within Supply Chain Systems in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX or Miami, FL. In this role you will develop, perform analysis and research of processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design. IT Business/Functional Analysts collaborate with business and product stakeholders to define and document the “business need” into clear and precise requirements with testable acceptance criteria. The role then collaborates with the IT Delivery organization to deliver a solution that meets the business needs.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience leading functional design and implementation of SAP ERP capabilities.
- Leads efforts to define, document, and drive consensus of detailed business requirements
- Leads regular requirement gathering and design sessions with business product owners/users
- Negotiates solutions that satisfy requirements and deliver business value while ensuring consistency and security standards
- Identifies process improvement opportunities by reviewing existing processes and data and achieves alignment across business stakeholders
- Uses a variety of techniques to document and map complex business processes to ensure requirements are clear to help deploy the right solution with first time quality (ie. story, UML models)
- Serves as liaison lead between the business product team and the IT delivery team to resolve any issues
- Develops and executes test cases to validate the requirements
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions and escalations as needed
- Collaborates with cross functional teams comprising of business SMEs, Architects, Developers and SIs (vendor consultants) on current processes and proposing solutions to enhance current systems
- Identify, recommend and implement complex configuration solutions and implement full cycle configuration to meet business needs; create and update associated documentation
- Translates Functional Specifications into Application design documents, co-ordination with development team, testing of new functionality or Enhancements, Prepare Test plans and Test scripts, Perform Unit tests and integration tests
- Develop, review and maintain functional/application design documents in collaboration with stakeholders and SI partners
- Participate in project delivery during testing cycles and lead the root cause analysis and correction of issues
- Lead and plan during explore phase of project and complete all project deliverables
- Contributes in identifying and implementing complex configuration solutions and implement full cycle configuration to meet business needs; create and update associated documentation
- Lead and plan all project requirements associated with transaction access, report developments, master data, batch job set up.
- Lead functional teams in development of WRICEF objects independently in collaboration with ABAP
- Review and approve new request during project sustainment
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- 5+ years’ overall Information Technology experience with an emphasis in supply chain business processes
- 5+ years of experience in SAP (Simple applications & products) Production Planning and MRP (Materials requirement planning)
- 5+ years of implementation experience configuring MM, PP, MRP (Materials management, production planning, materials requirement planning) applications.
- 5+ years of experience Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Supply and Distribution Planning
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Demonstrates systems thinking experience across broad process and architectural landscapes
- Experience working in an environment with competing and changing priorities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Formal SAP Activate methodology certification and training
- Understanding of business functionalities in Aerospace and Defense industry
- Able to efficiently lead the elicitation of requirements using a variety of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, use cases, scenarios and business process flows
- Expert communicator and writer that works to develop strong relationships with business customers, IT, Infrastructure, vendors and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Business Administration, or closely related field, or equivalent experience
Typically, 12 or more years' related work experience or relevant military experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelor, Master, etc.) preferred, but not required.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary Pay Range: $110,500 - $159,850
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 4
Job Code:BAMAI4 (B38)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement