Senior GIS DevSecOps Engineer (TS/SCI required)
Maxar Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking solutions-oriented GIS oriented DevSecOps Engineer with GIS tool System Administration experience to work in an agile and fast paced customer environment supporting a user base with a mission to solve unique and challenging problems in support of national security. We are seeking an engineer who embraces technology and thrives on the art of the possible. The ideal candidate will be part of a small multi-disciplinary software and analytics team with the unique opportunity to interact directly with users and other technologists to ensure solutions, development and tools meet the needs of the customer.
Note: US citizenship and an active TS/SCI clearance is mandatory for this position and required for consideration. Consideration to acquire CI Poly possible.
Location: Northern Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, Michigan
- Perform design, implement and maintain CICD solutions to support deployment, integration, and sustainment of GIS enterprise tools, specifically with Esri Enterprise stack.
- Work with software and system engineers to integrate and document capabilities and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve sustainment issues of the Esri GIS tech stack to include network, automation pipelines, and infrastructure.
- Communicate with multidisciplinary teams and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- 10+ years of technical experience in capability pipeline solutions for the intelligence community for geospatial contexts and/or big data analytics
- 10+ years of technical experience in deploying and maintaining software capabilities for the intelligence community, geospatial context, and/or big data analytics
- Demonstrated experience with transitioning and maintaining software solutions with the Esri tech stack in secure environments
- Commercial, open source, and custom application deployments and maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated experience with LINUX system administration and scripting
- Capable of working effectively with a geographically distributed ops & development team
- Communicates effectively with customers and team in written and oral forums
- Willingness to work onsite 75% or as needs dictate
- Degree or equivalent demonstrated experience in a technical field.
- Active TS/SCI clearance and US citizenship
Additional Skills Desired
Some familiarity in these areas would be fabulous.
- An adaptable and solution centric mindset that embraces technology enablers.
- Familiarity with common industry software tools, concepts, and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with concepts such as industry Esri GIS applications, Data visualization; Data management, Data integration, User Interface, Databases
- Experience with
- Esri GIS technology
- supporting software in a production environment.
- distributed processing methods and tools, such as REST APIs, microservices, IaaS/PaaS services.
- developing and deploying web services.
- working with open-source resources in a government computing environment
- Big data technologies such as Accumulo, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, ElasticSearch
- Strong Linux skills and familiarity with hybrid cloud/on-prem architecture, AWS, C2S, OpenStack, etc.
- Can work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with factory reach-back support.
- CompTIA Security+ or comparable certification for privileged user access.
- Experience as a military/intelligence analyst, supporting the military/IC, or knowledge of some IC PED systems is a plus!
Our salary ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Individual pay will be competitive based on a candidate’s unique set of knowledge, skills, and geographic diversity, with earnings potential commensurate with experience. The range for this position is:$128,000.00 - $214,000.00 annually.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.ID:uDnQdo