Senior Manager I, Controllership – Manufacturing
What you'll do...
Senior Manager I, Global Business Services - Manufacturing
Plant Controller, Operations Finance, Business Unit Controller, Manufacturing Cost Accounting Manager
ABOUT THE TEAM:
An excellent opportunity to make a difference and have an impact on a newly created manufacturing segment for a Fortune 1 company, with growth rate in the high double-digit range!
ABOUT THE POSITION – INTRODUCTION
The Senior Manager is a key member of the plant management team. This position is the focal point for financial planning and analysis, cost accounting, and profit and loss statement control. This position reports directly to the General Manager with a dotted line to the Director, Global Business Services, assuming the responsibility of the integrity of plant financial reporting and internal controls. Although a leadership role, this position is a hands-on, working manager function with individual contributor requirements as well as leadership and management responsibilities.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have a B.S. in Accounting, Finance or Business. MBA or CPA preferred.
- You have experience in accounting and finance in a manufacturing or plant environment.
- You have extensive experience with cost accounting, and you can put together P&L and forecast.
- You are an expert in technical accounting, budgeting, planning, and internal controls.
- You have the ability to comprehend broad business issues and accomplish objectives through others.
- You have leadership and analytical decision-making skills.
- You have demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as a hands-on, working manager.
- You have demonstrated an ability to coach, guide, develop, and support internal staff in a high-pressure, fast-paced work environment.
- You have large scale ERP system experience – SAP is a plus.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Being responsible for all financial aspects of the business and ensure compliance with all Corporate Policies and Procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting -Principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Establishing and implementing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Designing, establishing, and maintaining an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Preparing timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering sales, earnings, profits, and other financial metrics based on past, present and expected operations.
- Serving as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
- Providing leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and 3 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projectsMasters: Business AdministrationFinancial & Insurance - Certified Public Accountant - Certification