Senior Manager I, Program Management, eComm – Customer Insights & Strategy
San Bruno, CA
What you'll do...
About Customer Insights & Strategy Program Manager
As a Project Manager in Customer Insights & Strategy, you will have the unique opportunity to work with the entirety of the Customer Insights org and make a massive impact on the enterprise as a whole. You will lead the program management and reporting of transformational workstreams that will improve the lives of the 100m+ households that shop at Walmart every year. You will work closely with project sponsors and stakeholders driving accountability, change management, and cross collaboration. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work in ambiguous environment and excited by a challenge. We’re looking for someone who is looking to grow their project management skillset in a highly visible role that will work with various levels of leadership.
About Walmart Marketing
Named Ad Age’s Marketer of the Year in 2022, you’ll join an internationally recognized team of thinkers, creators, and problem solvers passionate about helping people save money and live better.
Walmart Marketing is a dynamic, multidimensional organization dedicated to redefining how the world shops through impactful creative and fast-paced innovation – all grounded in customer insights and brand strategy. We live out our company values each day while striving to exceed customer expectations and drive growth for the company.
We orchestrate marketing campaigns and experiences that reach millions of daily shoppers. Our work spans the digital and physical spaces and combines the work of numerous internal teams and external advertising and media agencies. Our teams work together to show our customers how they can save money and live better. If you are motivated by complex challenges and want to build the future of commerce and consumer services, a Marketing role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
Our Marketing team has flexibility on location, for most of our openings, you can live within driving distance to one of our hubs: Bentonville, AR, Hoboken, NJ, San Bruno, CA, Sunnyvale, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL and Seattle, WA. We’re moving toward 3 days in the office per week, with flexibility.
You will make an impact by:
- Driving the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance.
- Identifying performance standards, measuring progress, and adjusting performance accordingly
- Driving program management process improvement by overseeing and/or conducting gap analyses; evaluating and determining practicality of improvement opportunities; developing improved processes based on best practices and standards
- Monitoring budgets and costs for projects; identifying and communicating status and adjustments to project milestones and transitions between project phases
- Identifying changes and escalating them to supervisors; and executing system changes as necessary
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are a storyteller using data
- You have experience working with various engineering efforts
- You’re comfortable working closely with data scientists and translating technical language with the business
- You operate with customer centricity at the forefront
- You can collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You have experience driving informed decision-making and resolving critical issues in partnership with senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
- 1 year’s experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills, a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and the ability to lead projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
How you’ll thrive at Walmart:
- Performance-based incentive awards
- 401k with company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid parental leave,
- New surrogacy & adoption benefits
- Unlimited Flex Time Off
- Working alongside a diverse group of collaborative and innovative team members
- Opportunity for growth and development across several areas of the Fortune 1 organization
- And much more
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comAt Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .The annual salary range for this position is $105,000.00-$195,000.00Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and 3 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations
management, or related area OR 5 years’ experience in project management, compliance, operations management, or related area.
1 year’s experience leading cross-functional teams.
3 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Managing a budget, profit and loss statement, or relate financial process, Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field like (not limited to) Project Management, Compliance, Operations ManagementProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification