Senior Manager II, Data Analytics – Data Ventures
What you'll do...
Data Ventures, akin to a nimble startup incubated within Walmart is building the best-in-class suite of Data Products to deliver actionable, customer-centric insights and help merchants and suppliers make better business decisions on omni channel 360 performance.
We are seeking a Senior Manager II of Data Analytics to work on our Data Foundations product. This manager will lead a strong team of analysts and will closely collaborate with other leaders in driving the development of the foundational data layer, which powers the entire Data Ventures Luminate product. The ideal candidate will have strong people management skills, deep technical knowledge in data analysis and architecture, and a track record of building robust data foundations.
What you'll do:
- Lead and manage the Data Foundations analyst team, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to drive high performance and professional growth.
- Oversee the design and implementation of the foundational layer for data assets, ensuring accuracy, efficiency, and scalability to support various analytical products.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data engineering, data stewardship, and product teams, to gather requirements, prioritize projects, and ensure alignment in building the data foundations.
- Manage the team's workload and resources, ensuring effective resource allocation and capacity planning to meet project demands.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, serving as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, and influencing decision making through data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of different data assets, their sources, and relationships, and ensure data lineage documentation to support traceability and data governance.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in data analytics and data architecture, and assess their applicability to enhance the organization's data foundations.
What you'll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in data analysis, data architecture, or related roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership or management capacity.
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in data analysis, problem-solving, and data stewardship.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with a track record of effectively leading and developing high-performing teams.
- Proven experience in stakeholder management, with the ability to interact with and influence partners across different teams.
- Experience in managing both full-time team members and contractors, ensuring optimal resource allocation and performance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to provide strategic guidance and make data-driven decisions.
- Familiarity with data governance frameworks, data quality management, and data compliance practices.
- Knowledge of data analytics tools and programming languages such as SQL, Python, R, or similar.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world’s leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
1 year's supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau), Supervisory experience