Senior Manager II, Energy Services – Sustainable and Renewable Energy
What you'll do...
About Walmart Energy Transformation
The Walmart Energy Transformation team is a newly reimagined energy team that was created to ensure the team has the resources and internal positioning to deliver on Walmart’s energy-related regenerative goals. The team now reports directly to the COO of Walmart US and the Chief Sustainability Officer.
This new organization is responsible for:
Buying energy and optimizing for the lowest cost in regulated and wholesale markets. Meeting our renewable’s goal of 100% renewables by 2030 Increasing the energy efficiency and reducing emissions across our facilities Meeting our 2040 Zero Emissions goal, including transitioning our fleet to zero emissions vehicles
We are a team of seasoned energy veterans dedicated to realizing Walmart’s regenerative commitments and leveraging Walmart’s platform to support the decarbonization of our customers, associates, communities and suppliers. Because energy touches everything, we work across Walmart, particularly real estate, facilities, supply chain, network design, transportation and customer experience. We have come from across Walmart, utilities, developers, banking, clean energy consulting and environmental NGOs. We are innovators and change agents determined to make an impact. We are analytical and entrepreneurial; thoughtful and practical.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- Effective communication skills to present business cases to operational leadership team
- Problem solver – quickly grasping the issue and developing recommended solutions to quickly address issues
- Strong collaborator across global teams to leverage expertise across the enterprise.
- CEM, Certified Energy Manager
- CMVP, Certified Measurement in Verification Professional
You’ll make an impact by…
- Manages the reduction and management of energy and utility expenses by implementing and directing energy saving programs; calculating estimated cost savings and return on investment; preparing proposals for implemented energy efficiency procedures; researching, educating, and coordinating energy interdepartmental and external agency saving efforts; and providing energy consumption data during facility planning and construction phases.
- Manages energy costs and ensures adequate power by identifying and documenting opportunities for and securing energy credits and rebates offered by states; organizing work requested by utility companies during emergency situations to prevent power loss; identifying power factor penalties through billing and recommending installation of capacitors and co-generation to improve the power factor and reduce costs; researching rates and tariffs to ensure proper rates are applied (for example, ensuring economic development incentives and riders have been applied, ensuring rate changes and usage reductions in vacant buildings have been implemented); and reviewing tenant subleases for proper allocation of utility expenses and securing appropriate reimbursements.
- Leads sustainable and renewable energy opportunities and initiatives by developing overall strategies and monitoring and managing energy and sustainability affairs in selected international arenas.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you’ll bring…
- Ability to calculate energy/water cost, Greenhouse gas, and usage savings that meet company-wide ROI requirements and emission reduction targets.
- Understands financial capital and operating expense planning along with applicability of tax incentives relevant for energy efficient upgrades of equipment and technology
- Familiarity with building control systems and submetering technology for monitoring and reducing energy usage.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field and 4 years’ experience in utility operations or related area OR 6 years’ experience in utility operations or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Building technology platforms, Negotiating Skills, Operations, Project Management, Supervising AssociatesMasters, Masters: Business, Masters: FinanceProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Utility - Certified Energy Manager - Certification