Senior Manager II, Merchandising Business Analytics
What you'll do...
Senior Manager (II) of Business Analytics
Want to use your critical thinking & problem-solving abilities to drive operational excellence in a dynamic and evolving omni-channel retail environment? At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better, which serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. How does Walmart deliver the best assortment and help the customer get what they need, when they need it, and where they need it? That’s where you come in.
As a Senior Manager of Business Analytics, you will be focused on strategic planning, assessing business models, optimizing workflows and data analysis. Part visionary and part strategist, you’ll be the expert for your business and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide through a frictionless, omni-channel shopping experience. Along the way, you’ll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a forward-thinking and curious… able to quickly develop a holistic understanding of problems to develop innovative solutions
- You’re influential… evaluating complex decisions and process improvement isn’t easy, but you educate and motivate others to gain alignment through effective storytelling
- You quickly build partnerships & trust …creating sustainable business impact through collaborative partnership and end-to-end ownership
- You know big data…and, most importantly, how to translate complex information into user-friendly insights, tactics and solutions
- You’ve got analytical skills… proficient with data analytics and visualization tools, such as: Google Big Query, Alteryx, Tableau Prep, Power BI, and Looker
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members
You’ll make an impact by:
- Performing business or statistical analysis to understand drivers of performance, predict outcomes, generate insights
- Communicating effectively to achieve leadership support and influence cross-functional stakeholders
- Successfully navigating in ambiguous environments, with multiple cross-functional stakeholders and competing KPIs in pursuit of improved business outcomes
- Partnering with strategy and data science teams on business requirement development for new tools, processes, or products
- Promoting and supporting company mission, values, & standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor’s degree in Business, Analytics, Statistics, or related field and 4 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area. OR 6 years’ experience in data analytics, project management, business, or related area.
2 years’ experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Experience with cross-functional teams, Statistical programming languages, SupervisoryMasters: Analytics, Masters: BusinessProject Management - Project Management Professional - Certification, Six Sigma - Certification