Senior Manager of Engineering
Dairy Farmers of America
Reiter Dairy has an immediate job opening for an innovative Sr. Manager of Engineering that will ensure delivery of engineering services to an assigned plant. This role provides leadership and direction in assessing, determining, and executing facility capital expenditures and maintenance enhancement needs with significant focus on improving productivity and minimizing labor & overhead costs. The Sr. Manager of Engineering will also minimize milk, ingredient and packaging waste while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation, and regulatory compliance.
Reiter Dairy is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we’re passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners. At Reiter Dairy, we create fluid milk products and are proud to provide families with fresh, delicious dairy.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities – come join us!
LOCATION: 1961 Commerce Circle, Springfield, OH 45504
- Health and Welfare benefits begin 1st of the month after start date
- 401(k) with company contribution – 100% vested at day one of eligibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work for dairy farm families
- Ensures mechanical and electrical expertise is available to production and other departments to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings, and grounds in a 24-hour 7-day per week operation.
- Collaborates with plant management and corporate staff to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability and overall equipment effectiveness utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Designs, specifies, and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on-budget, meeting agreed to stakeholder expectations.
- Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Develops, reports, and analyzes key maintenance performance indicators as a means to create and implement corrective actions.
- Remains current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures corporate policies and standards are followed in both capital project implementation as well as daily maintenance.
- Shares best practices within the Maintenance Department.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action, and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies, procedures, and national suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Performs other duties as assigned