Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Traverse City, MI
We are seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Traverse City, Michigan. The successful candidate will have experience with manufacturing process development and support in a high-tech industry. The ideal candidate will be a detailed-oriented, hands-on engineer who will lead efforts to improve existing products and processes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manufacturing Process Development and Improvement
- Release new processes to production on time and within budget.
- Continuous process improvements made with cost reduction.
- Continuous process improvements made to eliminate/reduce dependency to expense items.
- Significantly improve yields for those products showing processing difficulties without increasing the unit cost.
- Deliver quality products to internal customer at all times.
- Completion of tasks and projects on time with a prompt response and technical documentation.
- Lead and coordinate projects within Engineering for process development.
- Provide technical and best practice guidance to Product Development and Manufacturing Engineering Technicians.
Manufacturing Process Support
- Maintain current processes in focus areas to specifications set by process procedures and product specifications.
- Develop and review standard operating procedures & train operators.
- Interact with suppliers to qualify new materials for processes.
- Provide technical support to Assembly projects as well as companywide projects.
- React to production problems in real time to ensure timely delivery of the products.
- Respond to problem notes proactively in area of expertise.
- Design and deliver process equipment for process improvement.
- Ensure quality targets achieved while meeting cost targets.
- Assist with the creation of Engineering Change Notices (ECN) for existing products.
- Provide customer support for manufacturing issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred).
- 5 to 7 years of experience in manufacturing utilizing process control methodology.
- 5+ years of experience in direct manufacturing process engineering.
- Experience working in a Lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with advanced production technologies and evaluating and testing processes.
- Labview and/or PLC Programing experience is a plus.
- Experience with Solidworks (or other 3D Modeling software) required.
- Due to ITAR regulations, U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required.
- Hands-on experience developing and troubleshooting manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to perform work deliberately, carefully and safely.
- Demonstrated ability to work within deadlines to perform multiple tasks and communicate effectively with managers and customers.
- Demonstrated computer programming and data analysis skills.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical or electronic principles, components and operation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to interact with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines.
- Create and/or follow assembly process documentation to produce various assemblies incorporating optical, mechanical, and electrical components.
- Experience with operating fiber splicers and cleavers.
- Ability to coordinate technical meetings on the subject matter of expertise, follow up current literature on the subject critical to manufacturing operations and future development and innovation.
- Proficient computer skills, experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Work is performed in a cleanroom manufacturing setting.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for an 8-hour shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and Coherent Corp. Corporate EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at Coherent Corp.:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
Coherent Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations (ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8. U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State."ID:uDnQdo