Senior Material Handling Engineer
Automotive and Mobility Supplier
At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting TitleSenior Material Handling Engineer
Job Description SummaryResponsible for design, quotes, delivery and implementation of packaging and material handling systems.
• Responsible for design, quotes, delivery and implementation of packaging and material handling systems (line display equipment, e.g.) on time and within budget.
• Interface with cross functional departments to determine delivery flow and material methods.
• Establish incoming and in process storage space requirements for long-term and short-term operations to support layout development.
• Develop extended value stream map and identify Kaizen opportunities.
• Support calculation of cost of inventory, floor space, customs, duties, & freight, by determining containerization costs. (Total Landed Cost)
• Create PFEP.
• Follow up on material receipt and confirm supplier payment.
• Support machine run off, program launch team meetings, program reviews, layout workshops, technical reviews and other meetings as required.
• Create purchase requisitions for container and material handling equipment using ERP system. Follow up to assure timely PO placement.
• Obtain part math data, part drawings and part samples required for design of containers and material handling equipment.
• Develop and manage packaging and material handling timeline to support programs launch requirements and report out at monthly Senior Management Program Reviews.
• Support daily operation plant functions and schedule supplier visits as required.
• Identify new and improved existing material handling and packaging suppliers for cost savings and implement cost savings initiatives.
• Provide cost estimations for new programs, existing program engineering changes, manufacturing plan changes and supply base changes.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated leadership capability.
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related
• Minimum 3 years material handling, lean processing experience
• Microsoft Excel proficiency
• Automotive industry experience
• Manufacturing experience
• Supply Chain experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 85 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [email protected] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.