Senior Portfolio Manager [Hybrid]
EDF Renewable Energy, Inc.
San Diego, CA
Scope of Position
EDF Renewables North America is a market-leading independent power producer and service provider with over 35 years of experience. We deliver grid-scale power: wind (onshore and offshore), solar photovoltaic, and storage projects; distribution-scale power: solar and storage; asset optimization: technical, operational, and commercial expertise to maximize the performance of generating projects, and onsite solutions, through the Company’s PowerFlex affiliate, offering a full suite of onsite energy solutions for commercial and industrial customers: solar, storage, EV charging, energy management systems, and microgrids.
The Sr. Portfolio Manager has overall responsibility for supporting and promoting the advancement of EDFR North America development pipeline projects from the feasibility phase into the implementation phase, in accordance with EDFR development strategy, processes, and procedures. The position also collaborates with the Digital Transformation group to improve existing tools and processes in order to leverage the vast amount of project data for storytelling and data visualization tools.
Key responsibilities include coordination and quality control of project pricing-related activities, as well as identifying and articulating project opportunities or risk and mitigation strategies. The position also supports due diligence efforts and commercial activities related to the acquisition of external project opportunities (M&A). The Sr. Portfolio Manager shall leverage his/her experience, leadership, and analytical skills to provide overall recommendations to Executive Management in terms of risk mitigation measures, project prioritization, or strategic portfolio opportunities.
- Support development and implementation project pipeline and pricing process
- Forging close relationships and fostering extensive collaboration with all development regions to acquire and deepen understanding of pipeline projects and relevant markets
- Work with key project stakeholders including Development, SME support functions, Implementation, O&M, and Generation to gather, update and review project costing assumptions and identify and articulate related risks to decision-makers
- Provide validated costing inputs to Valuation & Analytics group in a timely fashion
- Identify timing of key late-stage development project milestones such as Investment Approvals, Project Capitalization, and Project Final Investment Decision (FID) and coordinate or lead-related activities including a transition to Implementation PM prior to FID in accordance with EDFR Policies and Procedures
- Actively participate in maintaining project databases
- Make recommendations to project prioritization and de-risking as they progress along with the development phases. Help identify critical tasks to be performed in projects in order to avoid fatal flaws and make each project progress evenly across disciplines (Grid Integration, Permits & Environment, Land Control, Resource Assessment, Asset Optimization, Valuation & Transaction, Engineering & Construction, Strategic Procurement, Project Finance)
- Lead or co-lead cross-departmental teams to undergo full project due diligence, particularly for external M&A opportunities
- Quickly identify “Red-Flag” risks of new development and M&A Opportunities and take appropriate action
- Troubleshoot and take immediate corrective action as necessary
- Support and contribute to the global digitalization efforts at EDFR North America
- Evaluate tools and processes contributing to the project pricing process. Collaborate with SME teams to implement improvements and streamline processes
- Work closely with the Digital Transformation group to help scale internal processes and existing tool templates
- Develop new processes in collaboration with the Digital Transformation group
- Build data visualization tools to support analytical storytelling (using Tableau)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- High energy, self-motivated, a client-focused individual with 7+ years in Development or Operational projects with an emphasis on high-profile projects ($250+ million value)
- Adept knowledge of all aspects of Development & Implementation including: Project Valuations & Modeling, Power Marketing, Resource Assessment, Land & Title, Permitting, Interconnection, Design & Construction, Technology Procurement, and Project Finance
- Deep understanding of various technologies including Wind, Solar, Storage, etc
- Comprehensive knowledge of Financial Modeling and U.S. Tax Equity Markets & Trends
- Deep experience with Capex & Opex Budgets
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills required
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Superior knowledge of MS, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong abilities in data visualization and storytelling
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data for project learnings
- Strong communication skills with financial and analytical data
- Process improvement mindset to support cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Tableau and/or Power BI
- Experience in Agile framework to frequently deliver value to business and project stakeholders
- Previous experience in energy development, specifically Renewable Energy projects preferred.
- Master’s Degree or another advanced degree (JD) in combination with Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Engineering.
- PMI or Energy Risk Professional (ERP) Certified.
- Knowledge of risk evaluation and statistical modeling is a plus.
- Knowledge of databases and process improvement.
- Extensive experience in finance, economics, deal structure or accounting.
- Experience with due diligence, M&A, and emerging renewable energy technologies.
- Extensive experience with contract types such as ASA, PPA, EPC, O&M, and Interconnection.
- 7+ years of increasingly responsible project engineering/project management experience.
- 7+ years of applying influence leadership on small to large workgroups.
Approximately 90% of time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers, phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 10% of the time is spent outside of the office at trade shows, conferences, meeting with regional offices, etc.
This role’s annual base salary range is between $112,500 and $187,500.
In addition, EDF Renewables offers best-in-class employment incentives, including.
- Competitive Bonus incentives: This position is eligible for our annual bonus program
- Comprehensive Health Benefits: EDF Renewables USA pays 100% of premiums for employee health benefits & provides low-cost coverage for eligible dependents
- Rewarding 401k Package: EDF Renewables provides a generous contribution with immediate vesting
We are also proud to offer:
- Favorable time off programs, including paid parental leave
- Rewarding Learning & Development Opportunities
- Personalized Financial 1:1 Coaching Workshops
- Supportive Mentorship & Buddy Programs
Be a part of an innovative and collaborative team environment that fosters our goal of Delivering renewable solutions to lead the transition to a sustainable energy future.ID:uDnQdo