Senior Principal Engineer, Integration & Test Hardware Lead
Jan Davis Drive Huntsville, AL
Country:United States of America
Location:AL200: 401 Jan Davis Drive Huntsville 401 Jan Davis Drive , Huntsville, AL, 35806 USA
Position Role Type:Unspecified
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a difference across a broad end-to-end solution set, a rich technology and product portfolio, a wide range of disciplines, a growing global footprint, and a diverse team of colleagues and customers.
What does Systems Integration & Test (SI&T) do?
SI&T integrates, verifies, and validates our products. We put our systems together, exercise them in the lab or in the field, measure and analyze performance, and make sure our products work the first time and every time. To accomplish this, we develop plans and procedures, debug and evaluate system functions and interfaces, develop test environments, and work hand-in-hand with our customers.
Who is SI&T?
We're a diverse group of engineers that are dedicated to ensuring our products protect the warfighter.
The System Integration and Test (SI&T) Directorate is responsible for integration, test, and validation activities for RMD programs. SI&T employees provide the expertise to ensure customer success through the development and execution of innovative and comprehensive test, verification, and validation strategies, processes, tools, and techniques. SI&T employees are involved in all aspects of test including design-for-test, integration, subsystem and component level testing, and sell-off of RMD’s most sophisticated systems and technologies. Our System Engineers collaborate with other RMD Engineering disciplines from development of initial system concepts to product sell-off. We integrate hardware and software, develop test plans and procedures, debug and test system functions and interfaces, and verify system requirements in support of final sell-off to the customer.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Lead a multi-disciplined team of engineers to achieve hardware integration and test objectives, hardware integration and test planning, development, and execution to support system-level requirements sell-off for the program
- Occasional business travel is required
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree (Masters) with minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience. Relevant experience includes Systems Engineering IV&V experience for Department of Defense systems and experience in Radar programs including prior leadership experience
- Prior leadership experience with cross-disciplinary teams to coordinate multi-faceted technical, logistic, and security operations in a complex multiple stakeholder environment. Presenting data and explaining results to subcontractors, senior level executives and customers and leading teams for finding technical solutions to complex user requirements, developing test plans and procedures and system Integration and Test
- Systems engineering experience specifically including requirements development, system test, integration, verification and validation testing, or relatable experience. Knowledge of hardware, software, configuration, and operations of a hardware in the loop simulation facility and generating and maintaining test documentation and work instructions.
- Experience with capturing both technical and programmatic performance metrics, summarizing and presenting results to internal and external customers, and identifying and implementing improvement projects in a test environment
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Proficient troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify cause and affect relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of common information system (computer and network) hardware interfaces
- Experience in computer and network hardware systems
- Experience with System Requirement Reviews
- Experience with Pre-Ship Audits / Pre-Ship Reviews
- Experience with hardware rack component installation design standards
- Excellent communication skills to maintain effective working relationships with team members and customers
- Familiarity with principles and methodologies to support developing and conducting tests in laboratories and field environments
- Proficient in hardware component integration
- Ability to read and understand engineering documentation and drawings in various formats such as AutoCAD and Visio
- Ability to develop and maintain appropriate system level documentation
- Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
- Experience in both Windows and Linux/Unix environment
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms