Senior Process Engineer – Battery Cell Assembly
Hybrid – Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of 3-5 days per week. On-site work will take place at the GM Global Technical Center, with occasional travel (<20%) to Ohio and/or Tennessee. Potential for minimal international travel
The Battery Cell Assembly Team is looking for talented and self-driven individuals to fill our Senior Process Engineer position. This role will play a crucial role in developing and optimizing manufacturing processes for battery cells working in existing and future technologies to realize GM’s vision of ZERO, ZERO, ZERO. Work is performed in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, requiring a high degree of creativity, initiative, and independent judgement. You will be working closely with Product engineering, R&D, and other internal and external stakeholders in Battery Cell manufacturing technologies.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to team members and stakeholders
- Develop battery cell assembly processes, engineering specifications, documentation, etc.
- Develop and implement Bill of Process and Bill of Equipment
- Interface and build relationships with JV partners to support the flawless launch of battery cell manufacturing facilities
- Work with machinery and equipment suppliers on procurement, design, build, validation, and start-up of cell assembly equipment
- Achieve business results by actively driving a work environment that fosters a positive, safe, and inclusive culture that is based on feedback and recognition
- Engage in goal setting with a focus on team success
- Promote a culture of recognition and continuous feedback
- Provide candid and timely feedback on performance and behaviors for yourself, team members, and leaders
- Prioritize your own individual development
Additional Job Description
Your Skills & Abilities (required qualifications)
- 5+ years industry experience in Battery Cell Assembly Processes, Manufacturing Engineering, Process Engineering, Project Execution, or similar.
- Knowledge of APQP & PFMEA, Process Control Plans, Bill of Process (BoP) and Bill of Equipment (BoE)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (PDCA, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Red-X, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree with major in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or similar
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (preferred qualifications)
- Knowledge of Battery Cell manufacturing technologies and/or product design
- Experience in Battery Cell assembly processes
- Experience working with roll-to-roll processes
- Master’s degree with a major in engineering
- Strong knowledge of GMS and GxDP
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
GM is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GM is committed to providing a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and advancing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, all practices and decisions relating to terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment are made without regard to an individual's protected characteristics. For purposes of this policy, “protected characteristics" include an individual's actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, weight, height, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.ID:uDnQdo