Senior Production Designer
Exxel Outdoors, LLC
Exciting Opportunity for a Senior Production Designer in the Outdoor Industry. This position is responsible for creating and producing high-volume, high-quality, and high-visibility packaging, promotion, catalogs and presentation materials for print and online marketing campaigns. The role requires strong Graphic Design production skills and current trends, styles and technology within the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the creative lead on all branding for strategic, revenue-driving, seasonal campaigns for internal and external marketing collateral. This includes both print and digital collateral.
- Assumes role of creative lead for packaging design and layout, including budgeting, cost-saving exercises and coordinating print production.
- Conducts design research throughout the year to stay current on general marketing trends specifically within the outdoor market.
- Based on market research, develops strategic plans related to print collateral, POP graphics, Retail Visual Merchandising, events, Social Media and E-commerce needs.
- Coordinates with Marketing, Product and Sales teams on all graphics, fixture development and merchandising layout for tradeshows.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team on all creative support for Social Media and E-Commerce needs. This includes static based ads, motion graphics, gifs, and videos on a variety of different platforms.
- Responsible for the creation of all technology logos, icons, and patterns in support of current and future product categories.
- Develops creative solutions for in-store Retail Merchandising, including planogram layouts, POP graphics and presentation decks to support initiatives.
- Partners with Marketing and Product Management on Sales meeting and Retailer presentation.
- Coordinates with Marketing on all branded promotional products, including hats, t-shirts, bottles and other creative goods from design conceptualization through layout and finally production.
- Helps workflow management with Graphic Design lead for Production Designer on projects and timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, Digital Design, Interactive Design or a related field required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- At least 7 years professional graphic design experience required.
- Experience with package production is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of structural design, file setup, sharing, and print methods.
- Compelling portfolio that demonstrates advanced interactive experiences and innovative digital and print design.
- Able to conceptualize and execute on marketing activities that will increase awareness, reinforce brand messaging and drive sell through in all major retail channels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work with constructive criticism as well as adhere to deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with digital file organization such as Trello or BOX is a plus.
- Passion for graphic design and aesthetics (color theory, photography, typography, layout).
- Ability to self-prioritize projects and multi-timelines.
- Background in managing multiple clients or brands.
- Clear understanding of contemporary web interaction techniques.
- Understanding of and experience with camping, backpacking and hiking is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for this job and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Exxel Outdoors, LLC, the responsibilities of this position may change. The job must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Exxel Outdoors offers 3 Medical Plans, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, programs for additional life insurance for self, spouse and family, critical illness, short-term disability, and pet Insurance. Additionally, we offer an open work environment with a workout facility for employee use, telephone booths for privacy, and an expansive employee breakroom with an awesome view of the Flatirons. All employees receive 60% off MRSP on all our company websites, in addition to discount programs from many outdoor industry companies through Pro-Deals. Each year every employee receives a $200 allowance to buy any company product, plus you still can get the discount on any items purchased. In our corporate office, employees can bring dogs to work 2 days a week, and after 90 days have option for one work from home day, 4 10-hour days, or 9 9-hour days dependent on role in the organization.
This position will pay a salary $62,000-$72,000 a year. Exxel offers a minimum of 80.0 hours vacation, and 7 days sick to all Full-time employees, prorated for Part-time employees, and when during the year an employee begins with the company. We offer a 401k program through Fidelity, and the company matches 50 cents on the dollar for the first 4%. Exxel invests in their employees by offering this benefit selection to all employees in our Pasadena market!