Senior Project Engineer
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Engineer will:
- Manage full cycle capital projects from engineering design through implementation
- Develop, design, justify, and implement improvements to plant utility system related projects to improve reliability, quality, efficiency, or safety, reduce spending or environmental impact, or increase capacity.
- Monitor condition of plant and general site infrastructure to develop, design, and implement projects related to maintenance, repair, upgrade, or replacement of infrastructure.
- Assure that all projects meet applicable industry standards and regulations including those pertaining to insurance, safety, health, and environmental.
- Provides technical assistance in troubleshooting of equipment operation issues.
- Work collaboratively to maintain information, standards, accuracy, and reliability of archived material.
The right candidate will be self-motivated and organized, with a strong attention to detail. Your credentials ideally include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5-7 years of experience in a project engineering role in a heavy manufacturing environment required; experience in a chemical manufacturing plant preferred.
- Strong project leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to completion.
- Ability to lead and contribute to cross functional teams.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to prepare and present information to all levels of the organization and vendors.
- Demonstrated basic level CAD skills.
Carus is a highly respected, family-owned company with deep roots in Illinois’ Starved Rock Country. We develop and manufacture products that clean the air, water and soil, and we are always exploring new opportunities and initiatives to expand our reach.
For over 100 years, Carus has been the employer of choice in the greater LaSalle-Peru area. Through several local outreach initiatives, we actively support our local community and STEM education.
It’s an exciting time to join the Carus team.
- The LaSalle manufacturing facility has an exciting new project that will enhance our capabilities.
- The Belmont location has just expanded to include a dedicated on-site logistics group.
- The Peru business headquarters recently completed a full office renovation.
- We have a new strategy to accelerate growth and are executing at a high level.
- We are rooted in history but focused on the future!
Employees enjoy incredible work life balance and exceptional benefits.
- Flexible work schedule, work from home days and summer work hours.
- Generous PTO and 11 paid holidays.
- Medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plans as well as company-paid basic life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program for employees and their dependents.
- Employee engagement, company-sponsored volunteer opportunities and STEM education initiatives.
Want to learn more about Carus? Visit www.carusllc.com or check us out on Facebook @carusllc.
Carus is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/AAP/LGBTQ