Senior Project Engineer (Relocation assistance available!)
Campbell Soup Company
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This position is responsible for leading the development and execution of the plant’s annual capital plan to support the Company’s overall strategic objectives, with a focus on safety, product quality, total delivered cost, low-cost supply chain systems, and plant efficiency. Primary responsibilities include collaboratively planning, managing, implementing, and monitoring capital improvement projects, new equipment installations, and equipment and facility upgrades valued at approximately $8MM on an annualized basis.
- Collaboratively manages a variety of complex and highly technical capital improvement projects simultaneously (Individual project cost is typically less than $1MM, although some projects may range up to $5MM.). Delivers a technically sound solution through timely, cost-effective implementation to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provides project management and technical direction to other Project and/or Electrical Engineers and multi-disciplined project team members (including external vendors and contractors) to ensure projects are completed to specifications, on budget, and on time.
- Identifies, either independently or in conjunction with key plant and/or corporate stakeholders, highly complex and multi-functional capital improvement project opportunities that, when implemented, successfully meet the specified criteria relative to the plant’s overall operating strategy and resulting objectives.
- Develops and executes multi-year capital expenditure strategy and resulting annual implementation plan consistent with the plant’s overall strategic vision and objectives.
- Manages capital projects with the goal of ensuring that identified best practices, technological solutions, product manufacturing procedures, engineering directives, codes and safety, and documentation and recordkeeping are in full compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policy.
- Provides active technical support to Plant Operations, in order to drive performance objectives and improvement initiatives.
Complexity and Scope
- Must be able to identify, align, and execute complex and multi-disciplined project initiatives to support the plant's key objectives relative to safety, people, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Must be able to effectively build, leverage, and manage cross-functional relationships to address issues and opportunities to successfully deliver projects to specifications, on budget, and on time.
- Must apply continuous improvement tools and concepts to each project, identifying the appropriate solution to each issue/challenge from available options, in order to deliver optimal results and maximum positive impact to plant performance.
- Must overcome employee resistance to change by developing and effectively communicating the business rationale for key projects to drive acceptance of these projects and their expected outcomes.
- Must build and leverage positive, cross-functional relationships to address identified issues and opportunities to implement best practices, as well as solutions to meet current and future business requirements.
- B.S. in Engineering Discipline – Preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 8 + years of increasingly complex capital project management experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food processing/packaging industry.
- Plant project engineering and well-rounded engineering leadership experience required, with capability to independently plan, prioritize and manage projects.
- Thorough understanding and direct experience in the design and development of volume processing and/or packaging systems.
- Prepare project execution and control documentation.
- Possess analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Understand and analyze process systems and equipment, while using data to drive decisions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food processing/food packaging equipment, technology, regulations, and practices.
- Experience in managing capital projects with total annual installed value of up to $8MM.
- Excellent project management, project scoping, estimating, scheduling, and budgeting skills.
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD, and SAP.
- Comprehensive understanding of, as well as proven ability to apply and teach, continuous improvement tools to deliver sustainable results.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification required; Black Belt certification preferred.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including ability to influence and motivate others.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams to achieve plant reliability goals.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Standards for General Industry.
Potential for travel up to 10%
The working environment includes both office and plant floor settings. Exposure to industrial noise, forklift traffic, moving mechanical parts, and temperature extremes occurs in operating areas of the plant. This position is required to work outside of standard work hours / days, including weekends to deliver results. Travel is not a normal weekly activity, but should be expected up to 10% for Trade Shows, Vendor Visits, Trips to Other Operations and other assignments as needed.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.