Senior Project Manager, Cell Therapy
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
SENIOR PROJECT MANGER, PMO
Bristol Myers Squibb is seeking a Senior Project Manager for the Devens Cell Therapy Facility (CTF) in Massachusetts, to lead the Site Project Management Office, manage the overall portfolio and its governance. This role will hire, train, and manage staff as needed, develop project plans and project strategy, develop, and manage timelines, identify, and respond to critical path barriers, maintain a risk registry, and associated contingency plans, and prepare executive progress reports.
The portfolio will include projects such as new product introductions, technology transfers, facility expansion, and other projects within cell therapy, both network and local in scope. This role is required to work in a cross functional and dynamic setting where project assumptions and scenarios may change and therefore requires an individual who can quickly adapt to the changes and manage communications at different levels in the organization.
This role will utilize project management best practices to enable the successful and on-time start-up of the near future Devens CTF. Optimizing and maximizing facility capacity through the modeling of people and equipment utilization and the flow of people and materials in the facility. After startup of the facility is complete and PLIs are completed, this position will evolve to have a greater emphasis on Operational Excellence along with the Project Management.
Join the team that will be building the Devens Cell Therapy manufacturing organization and starting up the new manufacturing facility!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire, train, and manage contracted/internal project managers based on project needs and workload volume.
- Manage and continuously improve PMO Office framework for the Devens Site.
- Work efficiently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve key deliverables.
- Develop/Refine and implement key metrics for presentation to Site Leadership.
- Meet with project teams to ensure PM best practices are in place.
- Define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Track resource utilization across projects and initiatives.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Participate in project meetings and propose improvements, as necessary.
- Lead current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track.
- Manage multiple, high complexity cross-functional process improvement and/or Technical Commercialization projects.
- Effectively manage team meetings, including the scheduling of meetings, the preparation of agendas, the development of meeting minutes, and the follow up on action items.
- Lead the development of integrated timelines, ensuring that alignment with Global Project timelines.
- Serve as a member of CMC sub-teams, tracking timelines elements to ensure that functional deliverables are completed on time and according to relevant quality standards.
- Proactively identify program risks and work with the team and team leader to develop contingency plans.
- Develop critical path analyses to understand risks and opportunities within project timelines.
- Responsible for the preparation of routine status reports and communicate project progress to stakeholders.
- Ensure that team recommendations related to project direction, timelines and budget which need endorsement by governance teams are planned for review at appropriate milestones
- Promote a culture of collaboration, cooperation, execution excellence, effective communication, and cross-functional problem-solving to enable a high-performing team.
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures
- Support GPDO strategic initiatives and operational excellence project teams to provide analysis and lean approach across the organization.
- Use change management methods to mitigate barriers to improvement efforts.
- Use of lean tools such as Process mapping, visual management, value stream mapping.
- Collecting and reporting metrics
- Maintaining alignment/standardization in methodology, procedure, and governance of PMO.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree of Science/Engineering/Business required; advanced degree preferred.
- PMP certified strongly preferred.
- Experience modeling manufacturing processes (People, equipment, inventories) is a plus.
- Experience in a Lean Six Sigma environment preferred. Black Belt a plus.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience required with a proven record of successfully supporting and facilitating numerous and large cross-functional projects and initiatives; or combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Biotech/pharmaceutical operations (regulated GMP environment) strongly preferred.
- Must be competent in Project Management tools and methodologies such as MS Project.
- Development of comprehensive project plans.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience managing a range of small and large projects and teams.
- Knowledge and previous work experience in Lean and Continuous Improvement.
- Familiarity with Visio or other process mapping tools.
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good facilitation, change management and interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.ID:uDnQdo