Senior Reporting Developer
Simpson Strong-Tie Co., Inc.
Simpson Strong-Tie is a leader in engineered structural connectors, software, and solutions for the building industry. We maintain a reputation as a trusted manufacturer, partner, and corporate citizen committed to our customers and employees.
Our founder, Barc Simpson established 9 Principles of Business we live out as company values and have made Simpson Strong-Tie an inspiring place to work since 1956. Our team of talented people are dedicated to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
Learn about our company culture directly from our team.
As a Reporting Developer, you will work on a collaborative team developing solutions for new and existing applications. This position requires the ability to write and analyze complex queries. Must be well-versed in MS SQL and have experience with report writing tools like SSRS and Jaspersoft.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Create, maintain and enhance existing reports. (80%)
Participate in development planning and review meetings, design discussions, and code reviews. (20%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience required.
- 7+ years developing complex queries including stored procedures using MS SQL Server
- 5+ years experience with report design tools like SSRS and/or Jaspersoft.
- Experience with Atlassian and source control tools: Jira, confluence, git etc.
- Experience using Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Solid understanding of software standards and best practices including code reviews and pull requests.
- Ability to analyze, design, and implement software reporting and database solutions.
- Ability to write high quality, clean, testable code.
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Teamwork: Ability to build and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Time Management: Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify the information needed to solve problems effectively.
- Composure: Ability to stay calm and in control in tense or frustrating situations.
- Customer Focus: Ability to cultivate relationships that secure commitment and trust with external and internal customer needs.
- Action Oriented: Ability to willingly take practical action to deal with a problem or situation in a timely manner.
- Perseverance: Ability to do something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
This job requires approximately 10% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position is located in Boulder, CO and is open to fully remote within the US. Posted pay range is based upon national average and may vary depending on geographical work location.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$86400 - 116600 / year
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believe all employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more. View benefit plan details here: https://benefits.strongtie.com/.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNowID:uDnQdo