Senior Safety & Health Technician – WEEKEND SHIFT
Powell Industries, Inc.
North Canton, OH
- Assist the HSE Manager with the implementation of environment, safety and health programs, as directed.
- Schedule and conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Conduct daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly safety audits.
- Maintain SDS, Training Database, SharePoint and other systems, as needed.
- Conducts Safety Training including safety orientation for new employees and third party personnel.
- Support safety committee meetings.
- Assist with management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste storage and disposal.
- Generate the initial investigation for accidents/incidents, compile findings and input data onto the proper documentation for management review. Ensures timely completion of accident/injury reporting and assists with corrective actions.
- Collect and input facility data for emission, storm water and solid waste monitoring, as needed.
Responsible for safety orientation and safety training for the shift.
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to company Environment, Health and Safety program by all company employees and subcontractors.
- Implements, and maintains Powell policies and procedures ensuring adherence to local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Serve as Internal auditor and/ or QEH&S Management System auditor as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Team Leader or in an HSE role, manufacturing or construction preferred.
- OSHA 30 Hour certification preferred
- Capable of achieving Fall Protection Competent Person status within 6 months
- Capable of achieving Rigging Competent Person status within 6 months.
- Must possess strong computer skills - familiar with MSOffice Suite products.
- Business aptitude is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented
- Able to lead teams.
- Able to accommodate shifting priorities and react accordingly to address current needs.
- Solid writing and language skills and comfortable delivering training.
- Experience with certified management systems like ISO 14001, ISO 45001.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the area of environmental, health and safety compliance.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Tools preferred