Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
J. R. Simplot Co.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role has unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, or techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. Leads large, cross division functional teams or projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to junior engineers.
- Participates as a member of and leads cross-functional development teams.
- Performs analysis of cross-functional and complex business requirements. Designs complex cross-functional solutions that are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests. Considers unit testing to be a core component of successful software development
- Develops innovative multi-team solutions to complex problems. A majority of time is spent in strategic and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrates broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to manage global maintenance services across various technology areas or functions.
- Performs solution design. Applies appropriate technologies and leads design of highly complex infrastructure and software solutions, while driving innovation.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity.
- Integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for company and customers. Consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues.
- Lead technical discussions with cross-functional teams to identify solutions and ensure alignment with business needs.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging industry trends and technologies to support the evolution of our software solutions.
Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
Master's degree (M.A. or M.S.) or equivalent
- 5+ years related experience and/or training
- Microservices/Event Based Architecture
- C#/.NET Core
- SQL + an ORM like Entity Framework or Dapper
- Change Data Capture tables and their nuances
- Azure Event Hub
- Azure Serverless Functions/Eternal Orchestrations
- CI/CD and Azure DevOps YAML pipelines
Five or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/Oracle; and Testing tools Experience of multiple full release cycles. Advanced understanding of modern software development methodologies. Advanced understanding of modern software development tools and SCM. Advanced understanding of Software Test methodologies, and an expert in testing tools. General Project Management. Customer/Vendor Management. Business Analysis. Advanced Web technologies. Good verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team. Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
Job Requisition ID: 13673
Travel Required: None
Location(s): Simplot Headquarters - Boise, Remote - Albuquerque, Remote - Atlanta, Remote - Cincinnati, Remote - Cleveland, Remote - Columbus, Remote - Dallas, Remote - Detroit, Remote - Grand Rapids, Remote - Hartford, Remote - Jackson, Remote - Jacksonville, Remote - Kansas City, Remote - Little Rock, Remote - Louisville, Remote - Memphis, Remote - Milwaukee, Remote - Minneapolis, Remote - Oklahoma City, Remote - Omaha, Remote - Shreveport, Remote - St. Louis
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: $75,000-140,000. Plus annual incentive plan eligibility
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Family Building Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off - Eligible employees may accrue up to 160 hours in year 1
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance
Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**