Senior Sourcing Manager
Gate Gourmet, Inc.
Schiller Park, IL
California Residents - Please click hereResponsible for the management of personnel and processes within the procurement team. Key responsibilities include: project tracking, coordination and communication of sourcing and project information, facilitation of sourcing projects and support of sourcing managers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides project management expertise on high-profile procurement and business development projects
- Manages a team of category sourcing managers
- Manages Mandatory Range for North America
- Responsible for Total Cost Management for Grocery Sector
- Analyzes procurement and financial data for supply chain opportunities including supplier rationalization, tenders, aggregation and specification alternatives across multiple end-use customers
- Works with sourcing managers to define, track and manage the procurement projects required to meet customer savings target and internal efficiency needs
- Works with VP Supply Chain Management to ensure sourcing activities and distribution implementation is aligned with end-use customers’ expectations
- Leads individual for the management and enhancement of strategic sourcing tools
- Tracks and reports on savings and ensure that supplier rebates and incentives are secured and managed through the use of automated tools
- Works with collaboration partners to secure savings across all key procurement categories including produce, food and disposables
- Manages day-to-day project communications, coordinate weekly conference calls and face-to-face meetings to ensure action item follow-up
- Provides contract management expertise with respect to creating and maintaining contract files, purchase order parameters, product pricing agreements, certificates of insurance etc.
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship between operations function (distribution), sourcing function and customer care activities.
- Directs the development of sourcing strategies for assigned work group, including analysis of current and future needs, and analysis of opportunities to leverage changes in processes and systems.
- Develops and leads implementation of sourcing strategies, including timing, and the development of tools and channels to communicate the new strategy.
- Ensures the effective delivery of initiatives, programs and directives in accordance with the Wave’s sourcing strategy.
- Directly responsible for a subset of categories, including developing the sourcing strategy, identifying suppliers, and measuring and tracking performance against the Wave’s financial plans.
- Ensures compliance with policies and programs in alignment with Wave’s sourcing strategy.
- Drives analysis of and review data, including budget/financial and performance metrics to reach decisions to related programs, initiative and directives.
- Researches, understand and stay current on best practices, trends, legislative issues and market competitiveness information.
- Develops and delivers presentations to executives and others, as required on strategies, programs, practices and issues.
- Assists in the selection and management of suppliers by establishing processes, standards and performance metrics.
- Interacts with suppliers and vendors as needed.
- Drives productivity improvements within area of responsibility.
- Drives and monitor accountability through continuous measurement.
- Develops performance objectives and conduct annual reviews with direct reports.
- Creates environment for an actively participate in the attraction and retention of high performance employees.
- Participates in career planning and development discussions with direct reports and mentor high potential employees.
- Improves overall morale by communicating opportunities and successes throughout the company.
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members.
- May be required to develop annual budget for respective function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in related procurement, business, project management or operations management field
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Proficient in using Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to reduce complex issues to basic components
- Professional verbal and written correspondence skills
Language / Communication Skills:
- Strong written and oral communications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate & influence management
- Work well in a team environment
- Multi-lingual a plus
Geographic Responsibility: North America
Type of Employment: Full Time
Travel %: Some travel is required
Exemption Classification: Exempt
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job:
- Regular Office Environment
- Ability to work flexible hours and days and assume responsibility to assure the job gets done
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf