Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
Staff Electrical Engineer / Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $11 billion in annual revenues across 75 countries worldwide. Its brands include Planters®, SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Columbus®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for the 12 years, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
- Participates in the establishment and implementation of company-wide standards for electrical systems design.
- Designs and supervises the installation of control systems including the development of Requests for Proposals and Bid Packages including written specifications and construction drawings for use by electrical contractors.
- Coordinates cross functional efforts between IT/Engineering/and OEM vendors to support capital projects and routine process updates.
- Supports IT/OT Security Initiatives to improve the security posture of operational systems.
- Plans and executes capital construction projects of a complex nature. Roles on projects will vary from individual contributor to project lead. Role manages an overall budget of up to $40 million annually. Projects may be independent entities or part of larger projects.
- Develops and leads projects to address hardware obsolescence and security vulnerabilities.
- Prepares cost estimates and appropriation requests for assigned projects.
- Prepares all appropriate project documentation such as project charters, design calculations, drawings, specifications, purchasing documents, spending forecasts, etc.
- Manages assigned projects so that all requirements are met, and projects are delivered on time and within the approved budgets.
- Develops project designs that ensure the lowest "life-cycle" costs and provide highly efficient and reliable processes. Understands and applies Return on Investment principles to make sound financial decisions.
- Ensures projects comply with all applicable codes, regulations, and Hormel standards.
- Applies good engineering and technical best practices to ensure personnel and food safety.
- Applies the continuous improvement process philosophy in all daily activities.
- Utilizes engineering training and experience to support innovation and the development of new technology.
- Requires occasional travel away from the office to support projects or plant support.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / degree in technical field or minimum of five-years industrial electrical installation and maintenance experience.
- 5 years of pertinent experience in industrial manufacturing electrical field.
- A strong pattern of initiative, innovation, and creativity.
- Highly developed leadership skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding and knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Must be able to apply the Code to engineering design.
- Experience developing and maintaining distributed control systems such as FactoryTalk View SE.
- Previously obtained Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP) or able to obtain within 18 months.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States.
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa.
- Experience in the following:
- Power distribution
- Motor control: Starters, VFDs, servos
- Lighting systems
- Low voltage systems such as fire alarms and security systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- State issued Electrical License, preferred Journeyman level or higher.
- Professional Engineer license or ability to attain license within two years after job award.
Location: Austin, MN – A full relocation package to the Austin/Rochester, MN area will be provided if needed.
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
Travel may be required up to 20% of the time.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at: www.hormelfoods.com/careers
At Hormel we invite difference and diversity in all aspects. We offer a space of support, understanding, and community. We are committed to the journey! Learn more about our progress here: https://www.hormelfoods.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion/
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.ID:uDnQdo